Arrow

do you have any idea about new card?

Moderátoři: lucabil, Suzy Lafayette

Odpovědět

Arrow

Příspěvek od Guest »

Hey all,

I thought of an idea for a card that I'd like to get comments on.

Name : Arrow (It hurts going in, it hurts coming out)
Type : Bang.
Text : If Arrow hits the targeted player (not Missed! etc) it remains in play in front of him. While Arrow is in front of player, their maximum health is reduced by one. During his Phase 2, the player may discard Arrow from in front of himself at the cost of one life.

NOTES: Arrow does one point of damage when it hits the targeted player. Arrow can be targeted by PANIC, Cat Balou and similar cards by any player (including the player it is in front of). If the card is removed from in front of player by this, no damage is done. It only does the damage if discarded by player during Phase 2.

So, what do you all think?
lucabil
Deputy Marshall Sheriff

Příspěvek od lucabil »

It seems very interesting. I'd like to try it.

But, at first sight, since, if it hits, it does one damage + reduces maximum life, this means it can kill somene with 2 life. For this powerful effect, maybe you should increase the price, like discard a card.
An interesting varant: player that has an arrow in front, in his phase 2 does not discard the arrow, but puts it in his/her hand, or can decide to do so discarding a card.

Příspěvek od Guest »

lucabil píše:It seems very interesting. I'd like to try it.

But, at first sight, since, if it hits, it does one damage + reduces maximum life, this means it can kill somene with 2 life. For this powerful effect, maybe you should increase the price, like discard a card.
An interesting varant: player that has an arrow in front, in his phase 2 does not discard the arrow, but puts it in his/her hand, or can decide to do so discarding a card.
It would only kill somebody with two life if they removed it before getting some beer. I agree that it should be like Springfield and require a discard. Or maybe limit it's range to 2.
Jim

Příspěvek od Jim »

Although this card does sound interesting. Why would anyone want to discard it and suffer the loss of another bullet? Why not just leave it there and never remove it unless its with a Panic! or Cat Balou?
Emiliano
Marshall Sheriff

Příspěvek od Emiliano »

The key idea is very interesting, however it is subject to raise quite a number of FAQs (e.g., it is a brown card which remains in play like a blue card, and so on).
I agree with Jim: let it stay there and take it off with Panic! or Cat Balou.
And I would avoid the loss of 2 life points on a single shot, so I would rather allow to use the card on players with at least 2 life points.
After some thought here is a possible text (which, however, still is some what awkard):

Arrow (BLUE card): play any player with at least 2 life points. If that player doies not discard a Missed! play it in front of him. That player's maximum life points iis decreased by 1.
Odpovědět