Abandoned Mine

all about this expansion

Moderátoři: lucabil, Suzy Lafayette

Odpovědět
LucHuang

Abandoned Mine

Příspěvek od LucHuang »

The card says "In phase 1 of your turn, you must draw from the discard pile id possible. If you can, then for the whole turn [b:36d857356a]you play cards face down on the draw deck[/b:36d857356a]."

And the FAQ says

Q5. Where do I have to place my played cards while Abandoned Mine is in play, especially when I play Wells Fargo, General Store or Stagecoach?
A. You must place them on the discard pile as normal. As a matter of fact, the Abandoned Mine applies to “discarded” cards only, not to “played” cards. As a rule of thumb, this means that [b:36d857356a]all cards played during your turn by you end up in the discard pile[/b:36d857356a], except the BANG! cards used during a Duel.

So, how can it be possible that I play cards face down on the draw deck and put them also in the discard pile at the same time? What is drawn from the discard pile and what is from the draw deck? Which card is put in the discard pile and what else in the draw deck?
Suzy Lafayette

Příspěvek od Suzy Lafayette »

I guess it's a matter of bad translation, the original language (italian) specifies that only the discarded cards go to the draw deck during Abandoned Mine. The played cards end as usual in the discard pile. The exception for the Bang! cards used during a Duel is not a real exception as they are officially "discarded cards".
lucabil
Deputy Marshall Sheriff

Příspěvek od lucabil »

The truth is that Abandoned Mine is a very badly designed card.

In my play group we do not use it.
SpectreGadget

Příspěvek od SpectreGadget »

[quote:e0a14e8b49="lucabil"]In my play group we do not use it.[/quote:e0a14e8b49]

Agreed, we took it out of the deck as well.
LucHuang

Příspěvek od LucHuang »

Yeah, it's badly designed. The attempt to apply the correct rule -- discarded card must face down on the draw deck -- will lead to even more trouble. For example,

Card like Brawl, Rag Time, Tequila, Springfield should be played with another card discarded. So these cards (Braw or etc) should go to the discard deck while the "extra cards" go to the draw deck?

Also, the green-bordered cards are discarded to take effect and they should go to the draw deck according to the rule/FAQ.

When Sid Ketchum or José Delgado discards cards to activate his ability in his turn, where should the card be discarded to?

Finally, when a second weapon is equipped, the original one is discarded. Where should the discarded weapon go?

It seems the best way is to "discard" or "abandon" the "abandoned mine" 8)
Suzy Lafayette

Příspěvek od Suzy Lafayette »

LucHuang píše:Yeah, it's badly designed. The attempt to apply the correct rule -- discarded card must face down on the draw deck -- will lead to even more trouble. For example,

Card like Brawl, Rag Time, Tequila, Springfield should be played with another card discarded. So these cards (Braw or etc) should go to the discard deck while the "extra cards" go to the draw deck?
right.
Also, the green-bordered cards are discarded to take effect and they should go to the draw deck according to the rule/FAQ.

the green cards are not discarded. In the original language they are played (from hand to table) and then generically used to take effect.
When Sid Ketchum or José Delgado discards cards to activate his ability in his turn, where should the card be discarded to?
Abandoned mine does not affect the abilities of characters, so they normally discard in the discard pile. There is a FAQ about.
Finally, when a second weapon is equipped, the original one is discarded. Where should the discarded weapon go?
right again.
It seems the best way is to "discard" or "abandon" the "abandoned mine" 8)
yes but, according to the rules ( :roll: ), if you simply "abandon" it you should put the card as usual in the discard pile... if you "discard" it you must put it face down in the draw deck! :lol:

Příspěvek od Guest »

I think you guys are over thinking. In my group, we play it very simple: cards that normally are discarded face up, now are put to the face down pile and vice versa.

I actually think Abandoned Mine is one of the most interesting event card, which can make or break a game. If you play in a small group (1v1, or only 3, 4 people), this card involves a whole lot of strategic thinking, guessing, bluffing, trap, etc... more than other event cards. Especially when you have special cards or characters with special power related to drawing.
Odpovědět