Eliminating Outlaws and Rewards - Question

everything about rules

Moderátoři: lucabil, Suzy Lafayette

Odpovědět

Eliminating Outlaws and Rewards - Question

Příspěvek od Guest »

Hey all!
I have played Bang! a bunch of times and I just noticed in the rules that you only get rewarded (draw three cards) for eliminating outlaws. We have always played when you eliminate a player (regardless of their role - deputy, renegade, outlaw) you draw three cards.

Have we been playing wrong all along?

I also have a question in regards to the reward for eliminating an outlaw.

Scenario:
I have 1 life point left and I eliminate an outlaw by playing a Bang! card, upon playing the Bang! card I have one card left in my hand. I then draw 3 cards for eliminating the outlaw (I now have 4 cards left in my hand). Since my turn is over do I have to immediately discard three cards (majority of my reward cards) so I am back down to one card?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated!
lucabil
Deputy Marshall Sheriff

Re: Eliminating Outlaws and Rewards - Question

Příspěvek od lucabil »

jluv píše:Hey all!
I have played Bang! a bunch of times and I just noticed in the rules that you only get rewarded (draw three cards) for eliminating outlaws. We have always played when you eliminate a player (regardless of their role - deputy, renegade, outlaw) you draw three cards.

Have we been playing wrong all along?

I also have a question in regards to the reward for eliminating an outlaw.

Scenario:
I have 1 life point left and I eliminate an outlaw by playing a Bang! card, upon playing the Bang! card I have one card left in my hand. I then draw 3 cards for eliminating the outlaw (I now have 4 cards left in my hand). Since my turn is over do I have to immediately discard three cards (majority of my reward cards) so I am back down to one card?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated!
The answer is yes to both questions.

The reward is only for killing outlaws (it sounds right even from a flavour perspective isn't it?)

You have to discrard normally in your phase 3, even if you worked hard for your cards :-)
ScoutMan

Příspěvek od ScoutMan »

Who says that your turn is over? You can continue playing with your newly acquired cards. One or more of these could be beers or whisky or whatever, increasing your life points. When you are done playing, if you still have more cards than your life points, then you must discard any exceeding cards.

Although lucabil's answer covered that (he said in your phase 3), I got the idea that maybe it wasn't clear that phase 3 doesn't happen right after you kill the outlaw, but rather when you can't (or won't) play any more cards.
Odpovědět