Ok, Vera Custer Question

from Apache to Willy

Moderátoři: lucabil, Suzy Lafayette

Odpovědět
cober

Ok, Vera Custer Question

Příspěvek od cober »

Suppose Vera Custer is copying someone's power, and the person dies during that round. Does she lose her power? It looks like she can only select a power at the beginning of her turn.
srab
Site Sherif
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Příspěvek od srab »

Good question :) , loses her abbilitis?
lucabil
Deputy Marshall Sheriff

Příspěvek od lucabil »

I don't think she loses her ability.

You simply follow the rules: each Vera's turn she gets the ability of a living character. In the rules there's no link with the life of the chosen character AFTER the choice has been done. So that ability will last until her next turn.
cober

Hmmm

Příspěvek od cober »

Vera Custer should usually have a power, IMO, because she is a 3 bullet character. A 3 bullet character can die pretty easy, so the power has to make up for it.

I did some research, and Vera Custer doesn't have a power in two cases - in the very beginning, before her turn, and if she stays in Jail for more than 1 turn - from Emiliano's FAQ:

Q13. If Vera Custer is in Jail, can she copy the ability of Lucky Duke (if he is alive) before checking for the “draw!â€
bosco

Vera Custer

Příspěvek od bosco »

Vera Custer will keep that ability till the beginning of her turn again and then the ability of that character can never be chosen to be stoled by her unless that character comes back into the game by the card "Dead Man."
cober

Re: Vera Custer

Příspěvek od cober »

bosco píše:Vera Custer will keep that ability till the beginning of her turn again and then the ability of that character can never be chosen to be stoled by her unless that character comes back into the game by the card "Dead Man."
That leads to an interesting point - if Vera goes before the dead person, she can't copy the dead character's power - because the character is still dead.

I've thought about this subject a bit more - and an interesting version of the original thread question is "If Vera Custer kills the character that she is copying, does she lose her power?". To me, the answer should be no - why should she lose the power in the middle of her turn? So, extending that, she keeps her power even if the character dies.
lucabil
Deputy Marshall Sheriff

Příspěvek od lucabil »

I agree with you cober.
She copies the character ability when her turn starts and keeps that ability until her next turn WHATEVER happens around (even if the Hangover comes into play).
bonz
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Příspěvek od bonz »

[quote:ceb70e8dc2="lucabil"]She copies the character ability when her turn starts and keeps that ability until her next turn WHATEVER happens around (even if the Hangover comes into play).[/quote:ceb70e8dc2]
I agree with you.
Her ability is triggered before phase 1 (drawin the two cards) but only after she has passed dynamite and/or jail (if applicable).
She can chose any ability of a character that is still alive at that moment.
This includes the dead man, as he gets back to live immediately when that card comes into play.

Think of it as if Vera has a very poor memory and can only remember other abilities for one round (regardless how many players are in the game :D).
lucabil
Deputy Marshall Sheriff

Příspěvek od lucabil »

Bonz, are you sure the Dead Man gets back to live immediately when that card comes into play?

The rules are:
On your turn, if you were the first player eliminated, you come back into play with 2 life and 2 cards until killed again.

It says "on your turn" ...
Jim

Příspěvek od Jim »

[quote:c7c15083cc="lucabil"]Bonz, are you sure the Dead Man gets back to live immediately when that card comes into play?

The rules are:
On your turn, if you were the first player eliminated, you come back into play with 2 life and 2 cards until killed again.

It says "on your turn" ...[/quote:c7c15083cc]

Lucabil, you are correct. Dead Man comes back to life upon his turn, not immediately upon the Dead Man card taking effect for the round. This prevents the "dead man" from being killed before being able to take his first turn upon coming back to life.
Jim

Příspěvek od Jim »

I have a new question about Vera Custer.

If Vera Custer is not the Sherrif, then does she get to choose a power before the Sherrif starts the game? This would then give her a power before possibly being killed. Especially if she is last to go in the round. With only 3 bullets she is at a BIG disadvantage at the beginning of the game.
srab
Site Sherif
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Příspěvek od srab »

[quote:e5f63e6ff1="Jim"]I have a new question about Vera Custer.

If Vera Custer is not the Sherrif, then does she get to choose a power before the Sherrif starts the game? This would then give her a power before possibly being killed. Especially if she is last to go in the round. With only 3 bullets she is at a BIG disadvantage at the beginning of the game.[/quote:e5f63e6ff1]

At the beginning of the game, nobody knows who is who. So it is ussualy very dangerous to shoot somebody. Mostly is first shooting person in game an Outlaw.

2 your question: Vera has no ability, until she will play her first turn.

Because, from Dodge City Rules V.1:

Vera Custer (3 life points): at the beginning of her turn, before drawing any cards (in phase 1), she chooses any other characters still in play. Until her next turn, she has the same ability as that character.
Odpovědět