Claus "The Saint"

from Apache to Willy

Moderátoři: lucabil, Suzy Lafayette

Odpovědět

Claus "The Saint"

Příspěvek od Guest »

His ability says: "He draws one card more than the number of players, keeps 2 for himself, then gives 1 to each player".
It means that instead of his normal draft, he do this, or he can do it in adition to his normal draft. We play in the first way, but we think that the ability is so bad (also he have only 3 lives) that maybe we´re playing in the wrong way.
Thanks.
lucabil
Deputy Marshall Sheriff

Příspěvek od lucabil »

The ability substitutes the normal phase 1.

Anyway, this Character is not thought to be well balanced ... To be honest I never played with it ...
Emiliano
Marshall Sheriff

Příspěvek od Emiliano »

You are perfectly right, my loyal Deputy lucabil (you'd deserved to be promoted to the rank of Deputy Marshall Sheriff of Bang Rules for all your work on this Forum :lol:).
Claus the Saint was created as a bonus, gift character card for all daVinci's readers of the Christmas issue of the company newsletter. So it was obviously fairly unbalanced from the very beginning :wink:
I, too, never play with it unless there is a very handicapped player (e.g., a novice and maybe younger one, albeit young kids are deadly in Bang!).
lucabil
Deputy Marshall Sheriff

Příspěvek od lucabil »

Emiliano píše:you'd deserved to be promoted to the rank of Deputy Marshall Sheriff of Bang Rules for all your work on this Forum :lol:
Honoured! :-)
srab
Site Sherif
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Promoting

Příspěvek od srab »

Emiliano píše:You are perfectly right, my loyal Deputy lucabil (you'd deserved to be promoted to the rank of Deputy Marshall Sheriff of Bang Rules for all your work on this Forum :lol:).
Claus the Saint was created as a bonus, gift character card for all daVinci's readers of the Christmas issue of the company newsletter. So it was obviously fairly unbalanced from the very beginning :wink:
I, too, never play with it unless there is a very handicapped player (e.g., a novice and maybe younger one, albeit young kids are deadly in Bang!).
You have also right Emiliano , and I promoted you to Marshall Sheriff and Lucabil to Deputy Marshall Sheriff. As you wished.
Emiliano
Marshall Sheriff

Příspěvek od Emiliano »

Your work on this site is really great, srab.
Thank you.
srab
Site Sherif
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Příspěvek od srab »

[quote:1dacd5aa7b="Emiliano"]Your work on this site is really great, srab.
Thank you.[/quote:1dacd5aa7b]
Do you have an ICQ, MSN, SKYPE or ... :)) ?
srab
Site Sherif
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Příspěvek od srab »

4 lucabil: Do you have an ICQ, Skype, or something for IM?
Emiliano
Marshall Sheriff

Příspěvek od Emiliano »

Yes, I will send you in a PM.
lucabil
Deputy Marshall Sheriff

Příspěvek od lucabil »

I've sent you a PM ... :-)

Příspěvek od Guest »

May be, claus must have 4 lives?
or
3 lives and take 3 cards (2 card + count of players at first phase?)
Suzy Lafayette

Příspěvek od Suzy Lafayette »

[quote:4aaa9c371b="detr0it"]May be, claus must have 4 lives?
or
3 lives and take 3 cards (2 card + count of players at first phase?)[/quote:4aaa9c371b]

First of all Claus cannot have 4 life points except he is sheriff.

Besides, the description looks quite clear, he draws as many cards as the number of players alive +1. He takes 2 cards for himself and gives 1 to each other player at his choice.

Příspěvek od Guest »

I talk about new home made variant of saint. Maybe it more balanced ?
c3le

Příspěvek od c3le »

detr0it píše:I talk about new home made variant of saint. Maybe it more balanced ?
In my opinion Saint's ability does correspond with the three bullets and does not need a house ruling. Think of it this way:

7 players. Claus's turn. Even though he only draws two cards, he has nine to choose from! Talk about POWER! Not only are you stuck with the first two cards (which for all I know might both be say, Scofields) but you have indeed a wider range of selection from which to choose from.

Needless to say, Kit Carlson shall envy him.

I almost consider him too powerful. Especially towards the end games, nothing is more valuable than to receive good cards instead of two beers when against only one player (d'oh).

Ugh. c3le has spoken.
Suzy Lafayette

Příspěvek od Suzy Lafayette »

yeah, in the most cases he looks very strong,especially with Dodge City. Sometimes he may have some bad turns (only missed, bang! or the like) as he remains only with 3 cards.

In my group we do not play Claus anymore, he makes games too slow :roll:
Odpovědět