Creating the cards

questions, comments ....

Moderátoři: lucabil, Suzy Lafayette

Odpovědět

Creating the cards

Příspěvek od Guest »

What do you folks usually do to create cards? Do you cut out the images that you generate and past them on card board? Do you buy cards and paste over them? Do you buy card stock and send it through a printer? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
bonz
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Příspěvek od bonz »

I have bought the German version of Dodge City made by Abacus Spiele.
It is not only and expansion, but actually contains the same number of cards that a normal deck of Bang! cards has.
That way you can play Dodge City stand-alone, or like me, mix the expansion cards to your Bang! deck as usual.

I now have about 30 additional playing cards which I can use to make my own.
kahopkins

Příspěvek od kahopkins »

Versa,

I still haven't been able to find the right kind of card stock to print any of my cards. I have, however, come up with a fairly quick way to organize cards on one page in Microsoft Word.

I load the .PDF file (after creating a card) in Photoshop and crop just the front of the card. I save that image as a .JPEG.

Next, I load the image into MS Word. I can fit 8 cards per page.

Really, there's no need to print on both sides, since the back of the character card is always covered up.

If I can find "playing card- card stock," I'll let you know (if you even use this forum anymore).
SpectreGadget

Příspěvek od SpectreGadget »

I got some from http://www.plaincards.com. I bough the blank/blank -up coatable playing cards. 20per with 20 sheets. I also bought the Playing Card Coating spray, all for about $28 US. I haven't done much yet, so I can't give you a thumbs-up or thumbs-down, but I bought based on numerous favorable reviews.
Emiliano
Marshall Sheriff

Příspěvek od Emiliano »

This is how I work for my prototypes.
I use normal (common Magic) cards, protected by a plastic transparent sleeve.
I print my cards on normal A4 paper and cut it appropriately.
Then I simply insert the printed cards on the internal part of the sleeve (e.g. between the sleeve and the Magic card).
In this way I can also make cards with different backs.
Odpovědět