Renegade uses Indians or Gatling to kill everyone

from Sheriff to Outlaws

Moderátoři: lucabil, Suzy Lafayette

Odpovědět
mec25

Renegade uses Indians or Gatling to kill everyone

Příspěvek od mec25 »

Suppose everyone alive only has one life point left, then the Renegade uses Indians or Gatling that actually kills everyone including the Sheriff, does the Renegade win, or do the Outlaws win?

I think the Renegade should win if he is able to do this.
srab
Site Sherif
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Příspěvek od srab »

If Sheriff die last but one , and Renegade is last man standing , than Renegade win. But if are Outlaw and Renegade alive after Sheriiffs death, wins Outlaw.
c3le

Příspěvek od c3le »

srab píše:If Sheriff die last but one , and Renegade is last man standing , than Renegade win. But if are Outlaw and Renegade alive after Sheriiffs death, wins Outlaw.
I don't really understood what you were saying :oops: . I believe what mec25 was trying to say that if the Renegade kills EVERYONE, including the outlaws/sheriff with the indians/gatling --> the result? I myself would call it a tie; both the sheriff and the outlaws/deputies die simutaneously, not in any specific order.
Jim

Příspěvek od Jim »

I consider it a victory for the Renegade. Mainly for the reason that there is no one still alive AFTER the Sherriff's death except the Renegade which IS the goal of the Renegade.
lucabil
Deputy Marshall Sheriff

Příspěvek od lucabil »

There's no tie in Bang, as far as I know.

Just because they all die simultaneously, then the rules are checked and they say that if the renegade is alive alone, then he wins.
c3le

Příspěvek od c3le »

lucabil píše:There's no tie in Bang, as far as I know.

Just because they all die simultaneously, then the rules are checked and they say that if the renegade is alive alone, then he wins.
But the rules also say, if the Sheriff dies, the Outlaws win! See the problem here?
lucabil
Deputy Marshall Sheriff

Příspěvek od lucabil »

From the rules, the first end of game condition:
"the Sheriff is killed. If the Renegade is the only one alive, then he wins. Otherwise, the Outlaws win."

I can't see any problem of interpretation
c3le

Příspěvek od c3le »

True that. It doesn't say anything about the outlaws winning if the Sheriff dies.

Příspěvek od Guest »

I think that the order of playing matters...
if the sheriff is to the right of the renegade, and renegade plays gatling or indians, then the renegade wins, (sheriff died last)
otherwise the outlaws win...
(because sheriff "died before" the last player except renegade)
lucabil
Deputy Marshall Sheriff

Příspěvek od lucabil »

YomY,
even if the game rules never say that explicitly, the game never sees the state of the game DURING the resolution of the effect of a card.
This means that, for the purpose of calculating the winner, the gatling - Indians effect is seen as atomic. There's no moment when one is dead and not the other.
Moreover, this is perfectly acceptable from a flavour point of view: unless you are in Matrix, it makes no sense to win a game because of a tenth of second during gatling shot.

Příspěvek od Guest »

OK, but what if the Deputy is the one to use Indians to kill everyone? The Sheriff's team has completed their goal (Outlaws all dead) and the Outlaws have completed their goal (Sheriff dead).
lucabil
Deputy Marshall Sheriff

Příspěvek od lucabil »

noface,
again the first termination rule is:
the Sheriff is killed. If the Renegade is the only one alive, then he wins. Otherwise, the Outlaws win.
So the Outlaws win.

There's no way for the law to win if the Sheriff dies
Odpovědět