No promise ...

and now something completely different :)

Moderátoři: lucabil, Suzy Lafayette

Odpovědět
lucabil
Deputy Marshall Sheriff

No promise ...

Příspěvek od lucabil »

I can make no promise about that, because it will need time and patience ...

I'm trying to write a program to play Bang!

I'm using Java language, so that it would be multi-platform and web-able ...

At the moment I am at the very start, I have a proto-engine, that allows to play with a textual interface on a single PC.
The engine does not know the rules of the game, it just allows to track changes in the status.

Next steps are:
Make the system rule aware
Allow multi player mixed with software players
Give a graphical interface
Build a Web Application

It will take me months to do such a Job ...

I can say from the start that I absolutely don't do this for money, just for fun. If this software will come to life I would like to make it Open Source, with a sort GNU public licence (http://www.gnu.org/licenses/licenses.html#GPL)

It is probable that I will not come up with a public software, but in the meantime, if Emiliano has something to say about copyright problems (Images, Names and so on) let me know ...

Bye[/list]
srab
Site Sherif
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Re: No promise ...

Příspěvek od srab »

lucabil píše:I can make no promise about that, because it will need time and patience ...

I'm trying to write a program to play Bang!

I'm using Java language, so that it would be multi-platform and web-able ...

At the moment I am at the very start, I have a proto-engine, that allows to play with a textual interface on a single PC.
The engine does not know the rules of the game, it just allows to track changes in the status.

Next steps are:
Make the system rule aware
Allow multi player mixed with software players
Give a graphical interface
Build a Web Application

It will take me months to do such a Job ...

I can say from the start that I absolutely don't do this for money, just for fun. If this software will come to life I would like to make it Open Source, with a sort GNU public licence (http://www.gnu.org/licenses/licenses.html#GPL)

It is probable that I will not come up with a public software, but in the meantime, if Emiliano has something to say about copyright problems (Images, Names and so on) let me know ...

Bye[/list]
It is nice, but i had spoken with Davinci and they have rights to do this. JBang it is a name of this project and someone is working on it just now
lucabil
Deputy Marshall Sheriff

Příspěvek od lucabil »

Ok ... I'm happy to know that ...

Obviously I will continue for my fun ... :-)

It's cool (but quite obvious) that the name I choosed for the game is the same :-)

Bye
Suzy Lafayette

Příspěvek od Suzy Lafayette »

which kind of news about this topic?
Official (Davinci) but also "lucabil" news, I hope you have not given up :roll:
lucabil
Deputy Marshall Sheriff

Příspěvek od lucabil »

Good question ...

As other big beautiful projects, it was taken at a certain point and then abandoned for some reasons, the main of which is the fact that one year ago I became father and my free time has almost (though happily) disappeared :-)

Anyway the work is there, ready to be furtherly developed.
I wnat to make you sure (this forum) that you will be informed if I start again to work at it ...

By the way, I was quite surprised to know that DaVinci were working at a software version of the game, because I know (since I tried) that the complexity of the required software is too much with respect to the niche market of the game. And in fact we have no news and I'm afraid we won't have in future. The only hope is that someone does it for free and then DaVinci decides to make it a product ;-)

Bye

P.S. It's fun to communicate in english with you, since we're both from Italy, and it's a pity that we live so far otherwise we could meet to join/mix our play groups.
Suzy Lafayette

I'm not properly a java programmer, but if you like I can try to have a look at your work, and maybe carry it on a bit... I'm just married but without children so far, so I still have some spare time :wink: In the case we can continue the topic by pm...

On my side I had some (easiest) fun developing a database (microsoft :? ) of Bang!, you can have a look following the link in the signature, below. I also had the wish to develop a kind of web Bang!, but I never think I could end the work, maybe starting from yours, and then leaving it to another one in the future... maybe in the 2019 we will have the finish program! :lol:

P.S.: yes, fun to communicate in english but most of all a pity our living towns are not close enough :roll:
SpectreGadget

Příspěvek od SpectreGadget »

Very cool database! I have been wanting to track the games for our play group, and this will help out a lot. I just wish you had finished it a year and a half ago. :D

Thank you for making it available!

Jim
Suzy Lafayette

Glad to know this :)

Since November 2007 we have registered 171 matches so far, and we are starting to enjoy the resulting stats a lot 8)

P.S. if you manage to improve the database in the future, for example for 5-8 players with Roles, let me know :wink:
SpectreGadget

Příspěvek od SpectreGadget »

I didn't realize it was limited in number of players at first until I opened it. We have anywhere from 3-7 players so I will need to update it for it to work for is. I will let you know. :)

Jim
Suzy Lafayette

I guessed it :?
I'm too lazy to work again on it when I don't play a normal game since one year, sorry.
For me at the moment it's enough like it is, but I wait your work :wink:

P.S.: read the "Help" if you need to understand how it works, or ask me
Odpovědět