Deputy Marshall Sheriff

Sid Ketchum vs Jourdonnais

Příspěvek od lucabil »

Yesterday a terrible thing happened to me

Base game (no expansion)
Two characters remained for the final fight:
Sheriff - Jourdonnais with a Barrell
Renegade - Sid Ketchum

Well: the game simply cannot ever end (at least, it did not end after almost one hour!!!)

Jourdonnais tended to hit harder, but Sid always regained his life points just discarding the two cards drawn in phase 1 (even after a Dynamite taking him to 1 life point).

I think this is one of the reasons why the expansions were thought ...
The final cards of HN and AFOC, and different attack cards of DC would permit to end the game.

Did it ever happened to anyone?

Bye

Liuk
srab
Site Sherif
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Re: Sid Ketchum vs Jourdonnais

Příspěvek od srab »

[quote:2e004098bc="lucabil"]Yesterday a terrible thing happened to me

Base game (no expansion)
Two characters remained for the final fight:
Sheriff - Jourdonnais with a Barrell
Renegade - Sid Ketchum

Well: the game simply cannot ever end (at least, it did not end after almost one hour!!!)

Jourdonnais tended to hit harder, but Sid always regained his life points just discarding the two cards drawn in phase 1 (even after a Dynamite taking him to 1 life point).

I think this is one of the reasons why the expansions were thought ...
The final cards of HN and AFOC, and different attack cards of DC would permit to end the game.

Did it ever happened to anyone?

Bye

Liuk[/quote:2e004098bc]

Sure, everytime when i finish in duel with sheriff and one of us had Sid Ketchum. The only way to destroy Sid is in luck (you must have Panic or Cat Balou and you cannot take now cards from table, but you must take cards from his hand.)
Anonymous

Characters

Příspěvek od Anonymous »

When you are facing Sid Ketchum make sure that you also have a Volcanic with lots of Bangs. If you don't have that make sure you have a Gatling, Knife, Punch, and Bang to finish him off because once it is Sid Ketchum's turn again, he will draw two cards and regain a life point. The same thing happend to me, but instead Sid Ketchum was the Sheriff so he could hold up to five cards and five life points. Make sure that you gang up on Sid Ketchum in the very beginning. I would choose Jesse Jones if I were playing against Sid Ketchum, that way I could take away a card from his hand each Phase 1 of my turn.
Rai

Příspěvek od Rai »

Jail is a delightful alternative. This way, 3/4 times he does not get to draw a card, allowing quick Volcanic action.

Fistful of Cards and High Noon are indeed good methods of ensuring that the game does not get drawn (no pun intended) out too long.
cober

Yep

Příspěvek od cober »

I had the same thing happen to me. Only, the Sheriff was Sid Ketchum. The game lasted over an hour, ending because of dynamite.
Odpovědět