do you have any idea about new card?

Moderátoři: lucabil, Suzy Lafayette

srab
Site Sherif
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Do you have idea about new cards?

Příspěvek od srab »

Some tell us about yours Ideas.
Naposledy upravil(a) srab dne 12 bře 2006, 15:03, celkem upraveno 1 x.
srab
Site Sherif
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Some ideas for other cards...

Příspěvek od srab »

Author: Luca Iennaco (Luke the Flaming) ITA
Date: 12.11.2003
Link: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/15659

[b:2a0d510b62]Some ideas for other cards[/b:2a0d510b62]...

[b:2a0d510b62]FOG[/b:2a0d510b62]
All distances are increased by 1.

[b:2a0d510b62]EASTER SUNDAY[/b:2a0d510b62]
Each player can play only one card during his turn.

[b:2a0d510b62]WANTED DUDE[/b:2a0d510b62]
He has distance 2 from all players, 2 life points and a permanent Barrel. If killed gives the reward (3 cards).

[b:2a0d510b62]BANK ROBBERY[/b:2a0d510b62]
Each player (except the Sheriff and those jailed) can skip his phase 2 to draw two cards.

[b:2a0d510b62]PONY EXPRESS[/b:2a0d510b62]
When the Pony Express comes into play, each player gives a card from his hand (face down) to the following player.

[b:2a0d510b62]URGENT TELEGRAM[/b:2a0d510b62]
When Urgent Telegram comes into play, each player draws a card and then discards a card from his hand.

[b:2a0d510b62]POX[/b:2a0d510b62]
When Pox comes into play, each player must discard half (round down) of the cards in his hand.

[b:2a0d510b62]THE JUDGE[/b:2a0d510b62]
If a player kills an Outlaw or the Renegade, he may play another turn at the end of his turn.

[b:2a0d510b62]THE GAMBLER[/b:2a0d510b62]
When the Gambler comes into play, each player may put a card from his hand face down in front of him. After all players have chosen, the cards are revealed: the player(s) with the highest card (2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, J, Q, K, A) draw(s) two cards.

Note: two extra cards (New Identity and Handcuffs) can be found at DaVinci website.

[b:2a0d510b62]BEWARE![/b:2a0d510b62] When you use more than the original 13 cards, proceed as follows: put aside the card "High Noon", shuffle the others, deal out 12 of them, add "High Noon" at the end (as usual) and play! The unused cards should be put back in the box without looking at them (so you won’t know what’s exactly in the deck).
srab
Site Sherif
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Ideas that didn't make the cut.

Příspěvek od srab »

Author: L. Scott Johnson (Rulemonger) USA
Date: 5.7.2005
Link: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/70466

Well, none of my submissions made it to the final 20, so I'll just drop them
off here and hope that they find a good home. :-)

The three I submitted:

Bar Brawl
Each player may play a Beer as a BANG! once on his turn (in addition to his one normal BANG! for the turn).

Ammunition Wagon
When a player plays or discards a BANG! during phase 2 of any player's turn, he draws 1 card.

Heavy Rain
Distance between all players in increased by one for the whole round. No barrels my be used this round.

And the ones which didn't even make my cut:

The Marshall
The sheriff gains a life and skips his turn. Each other player is "in jail" and must Draw! a heart or skip his turn.

Tumbleweeds (aka "It's quiet. Too quiet.")
The suit of every card higher than a duece (two) is clubs.

Shifty Eyes
When Shifty Eyes enters play, each player with no cards draws a card. Then every player passes one card to the player on his right.

Cattle Rustler
Each player may discard a BANG! card once during his turn to steal a blue card from the player on his left.

Notes:
Bar Brawl's effect is similar to one of the top 20 ideas chosen by Sheriff Sciarra: Poison. But note that the execution is different due to the underlying concepts. Poison allows a player to use a Beer as a BANG! instead of using a BANG! -- so the player still only gets one shot off (as he takes the time to poison the drink and get it past his opponent's lips). Bar Brawl allows for a double attack -- one Beer-as-BANG! and one BANG! (so you get more commotion -- a brawl).
srab
Site Sherif
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Yeah, my submissions didn't win, either

Příspěvek od srab »

Author: Steve Paulson (citadels4fun) USA
Date: 3.3.2006
Link: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/70466

Blacksmith: New shoes double equestrian effectiveness for the round. +1 horse is now +2; -1 horse is now -2. Does not affect non-horse range-altering cards (e.g., Hideout)

Oasis: Each injured player regains 1 life point at the end of his turn. Must be alive at the end of your turn in order to benefit. Cannot be used to prevent Dynamite death because the Dyanmite check occurs prior to Phase 1.

Sandstorm
: All players only reach a distance of 1 for the entire round. Range-altering cards and abilities (e.g., Rose Doulan, Paul Regret, horses, guns other than the Volcanic, Hideout, etc.) are ignored for this round.
srab
Site Sherif
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Other card ideas we submitted to DaVinci

Příspěvek od srab »

Author: Channy Boy (4wire)
Date: 31.3.2005
Link: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/66636

My gaming group submitted some ideas to DaVinci for the next bang expansion : "A fistful of cards"

We play tested many times many different cards and here are the best of the best :

[b:9ac9d6f752]Green acres[/b:9ac9d6f752]
For the next round, all played green cards become active automatically

[b:9ac9d6f752]Double trouble[/b:9ac9d6f752]
The effect of this event card is the same as the next one.

[b:9ac9d6f752]Fall from grace[/b:9ac9d6f752]
Sherif locks himself in prison for one round unless he draws a heart card.

[b:9ac9d6f752]Trading post[/b:9ac9d6f752]
During this round, each player takes the first card from the next players hand. The second card comes from the deck.

[b:9ac9d6f752]The Monthly shower[/b:9ac9d6f752]
Before a player draws in phase 1, he can refresh as many cards in his hands as desired. Then he may draw his cards.

The others worth mentioning :

[b:9ac9d6f752]Detonator[/b:9ac9d6f752]
Dynamites may be placed in front of any player and become active automatically

[b:9ac9d6f752]Land slide[/b:9ac9d6f752]
Blue cards in play have no effect.

So, if you see any of these in the next expansion, it may come from our submissions!
bonz
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Příspěvek od bonz »

1) Gambling: (High Noon/Fistful of Cards)
Every Player with 2 or more cards in his hand, puts 2 cards into the "pot".
Then your favourite Poker variant is played.
The winner gets all the cards from the pot.
Players with only 1 or no cards in hand, can't participate.

2) The Bank: (4 Blue playing cards)
What would the Wild West be without a bank to rob? :D

The Bank card is a blue playing card that a player can play in front of him.
He can now put a card from his hand face-down under the bank card. (once per turn)
This means he can circumvent the hand card limit.
He can use those cards whenever it is his turn again, but not out of his turn. (opening hours :))

Other players can't steal or discard (Panic, Cat Balou, Ragtime, Brawl,...) the cards under the bank card.

To rob the bank of another player, you need to physically reach the player(like a "Panic!") and need to inflict 3 hits to the bank card (with any card with the bang! symbol), which can be fended off (by any card with the missed symbol, barrel,...).
If you can hit the bank 3 times you get all the cards beneath it and the bank card gets discarded.

If a player is killed by the dynamite, all the cards beneath the bank card are dealt out to the remaining players, starting from the player left of the killed one. (Bank is busted & money flies through the air :))

[I got the inspiration for "The Bank" from the "museum"-card of the "Citadel" expansion "The Dark Lands".]

3) July Ann Winslow: (4 bullet character card)
Once in her turn she may draw one handcard from any male character.

July Ann Winslow is originally from the boothill charcters, but has a quite unbalanced ability.
I like the new ability to differ between male & female characters, because that doesn't actually has any use in the game.
I think of her as one of those Can Can dancing girls from the saloon. :D
srab
Site Sherif
Kontaktovat uživatele:

2bonz

Příspěvek od srab »

Do you want to make cards with these abillities?
bonz
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Re: 2bonz

Příspěvek od bonz »

srab píše:Do you want to make cards with these abillities?
Yes, I'm gonna make those 3 cards.
lucabil
Deputy Marshall Sheriff

An idea for new Card ...

Příspěvek od lucabil »

The name could be "Blockhouse" or "Fort"
A Blue Card

It adds 1 to all the distances calculated thruogh the player playing this card.

Let's call "John" the player playing this card
John is seen at a distance increased by 1.
John sees everyone at a distance increased by one.
And, for example, the distance between the two players at each side of John is 3 (instead of 2), unless it would be shorter if calculated on the other side of the game table.

Obviously its effect should be added to the horses (or Hideout) effects and the abilities of Rose and Paul.
lucabil
Deputy Marshall Sheriff

Příspěvek od lucabil »

A variant of "Fort", could be the "Ditch"

It is similar but it must be declared if it is played on the right or on the left side.

The distances between other players work like the "Fort" (or even remain as normal),
but the distances from and to the player having this card,
are increased by one only on the "declared" side.
SwissvalePosse

What does everyone do for making cards.

Příspěvek od SwissvalePosse »

What kind of material does everyone use to make your new cards? I have found an educational products website (EAI Education) that sells blank playing cards the size of Bang! and Phase 10 cards, if it helps. http://www.eaieducation.com/530658.html . Please let me know how everyone else makes thier new bang cards look as close to the real bang cards.

This site is great. There were about five of our friends who started playing bang!. Our numbers are now up to around 30 who regularly play Bang! Thanks for a great website.

Also, we are working on a extensive expansion deck, complete with new characters, called Once Upon a Time in Bang! and several scenerio decks (yet untitled), that we hope to unveil when we finish them. Thanks for making the card generator, that thing is wonderful.
srab
Site Sherif
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Příspěvek od srab »

Your link looks great, but one question: what is on the back of the cards?
Are blank ... ?
Thx for your support, i have only original BANG & Dodge City. High Noon and A Fistful of Cards made i on thick paper, without prints on back sides.
This size is great [b:49c31a2635]3 1/2” x 2 1/4”[/b:49c31a2635], but im european and we have centimeters, also am i lazy to convert it.
SwissvalePosse

More

Příspěvek od SwissvalePosse »

The cards would be 8.89 cm x 5.72 cm about. Both sides are blank. These cards are made for studying and memorizing different things (we call them flash cards). We haven't tried them yet with our group so I don't know of their quailty, but we plan on doing it soon. Hope that helps
kahopkins

Příspěvek od kahopkins »

I have always thought that a "Deadwood Expansion" would be nice. I've actually made my own trough the B!CG, but I'm sure that it could be tweaked.

I basically just took screen shots from all of the characters of HBO's Deadwood (on their website), did some photo editing in Photoshop to make the photos look more "classic," and then uploaded those pictures in the B!CG.

I designed each character's special ability to be more pertinent in a two-player variation. If anyone would like for me to e-mail them what I have, I'd be more than happy.

Příspěvek od Guest »

Hi. Ive only recently got into bang and this is a great site I have to say. I did have an idea for a blue card.

Poison Played on another player. At the start of their turn they turn over a card. If its a heart the poison is discarded, on a club or diamond it stays in front of the player until next go. On a spade the player loses a life point (and poison stays in front of them).

At first it did seem kinda strong but after playing it for a bit it seems t be just rightas 3/4 of the time nothing happens.

I'd like to know what other people think. and i really hope it hasnt already been done lol.
Odpovědět