Jose Delgado 6
Lasso 2
Kit Carlson 14
Law of the West 14
Paul Regret 18
Abandoned Mine 3,4,5
Rose Doolan 18

Q1. What does A Fistful of Cards do?
A. At the beginning of his turn, the player is the target of as many BANG! as the number of cards in his hand. These BANG!s can be cancelled normally by means of Missed! cards or similar ones (Barrel, characters’ special abilities like Jourdonnais’, and so on). ERRATA: the English text
is wrong: the player can avoid the BANG! and does not automatically lose life points.

Q2. Does Lasso apply to green cards as well as blue cards?
A. Yes, since both cards are considered to be “in play”.

Q3. What do I have to do if, with the Abandoned Mine in play, there is only one card in the discard pile?
A. You draw one card from the discard pile and the other one from the play deck. Now, since you draw also from the discard pile, you must discard your cards on the play deck.

Q4. Where must the other players discard their cards while Abandoned Mine is in play?
A. Always in the discard pile. The Abdandoned Mine applies to the current player only.

Q5. Where do I have to place my played cards while Abandoned Mine is in play, especially when I play Wells Fargo, General Store or Stagecoach?
A. You must place them on the discard pile as normal. As a matter of fact, the Abandoned Mine applies to “discarded” cards only, not to “played” cards. As a rule of thumb, this means that all cards played during your turn by you end up in the discard pile, except the BANG! cards used during a Duel.

Q6. Where does Jose Delgado place the blue cards with his ability while the Abandoned Mine is in play?
A. The Abandoned Mine does not apply to characters. So Jose Delgado always discards as normal on the discard pile.

Q7. When I guess wrong the color of the card with the Peyote, do I keep the last card?
A. No. This means that if you guess wrong the very first card, you don’t draw any card in that turn.

Q8. How many life points do I lose if I am hit by the effect of the Sniper?
A. Only one life point: the effect of the two combined BANG!s “counts as a BANG!”.

Q9. How many times can I use the effect of the Sniper?
A. As many times as you wish. In addition, the effect of the Sniper does not count as a played BANG! card, so you can shoot your normal BANG! during your turn. For example, if you have 7
BANG! cards in your hand, you could fire a total of 4 shots (3 shots with the effects of the Sniper and one normal BANG!).

Q10. When I use the effect of the Sniper, does my target have to be at a reachable distance?
A. Yes.

Q11. If I discard BANG! cards with the Ricochet, may I use a normal BANG! during my turn?
A. Yes: the BANG!s used with the Ricochet are “discarded”, not “played”.

Q12. Does a player have to be killed before the round the Dead Man enters in play to come back to life?
A. No, you can be killed in the same round the Dead Man is in play... provided you have not still played your turn.

Q13. When I come back to life with 2 cards thanks to the Dead Man, do I draw normally 2 cards in phase 1 of my turn?
A. Yes.

Q14. What does Kit Carlson do with the Law of the West in play?
A. Kit Carlson looks at the first 3 cards of the deck, chooses the two to draw and shows the second one (note that he cannot change the cards order!): if he can, he must play that card afterwards, during the same turn.

Q15. Can I use cards like Barrel, Bible etc. or characters special abilities (like Jourdonnais’) to avoid the effect of the Russian Roulette?
A. Yes.

Q16. Can I give a life point to a killed character with Blood Brothers?
A. No, the character you give your life point to must be still alive.

Q17. Does distance matter when applying the effect of the Ricochet?
A. No, you may target players at any distance.

Q18. While the Ambush is in play, do the abilities of characters like Rose Doolan and Paul Regret still work?
A. Yes.

Q19. How does the Ranch work?
A. ERRATA: the English text is wrong. This is the correct text: “At the end of phase 1 of your turn, you may discard any number of cards from your hand and then draw an equal number from the deck (only once!)”.

Q20. May I use A Fistful of Cards together with High Noon?
A. We suggest the following way to play with these two expansions together. Shuffle all of the cards of HN and AFoC together, except for the cards A Fistful of Cards and High Noon. Draw randomly from the deck 12-15 cards (depending on how long you want your game to be) and add one card (randomly as well) chosen between A Fistful of Cards and High Noon on top of the deck. Then put the deck face up as usual and follow the normal rules of High Noon/A Fistful of Cards.

Q21. What does “at the beginning of the turn” mean?
A. It means “before any other action”, including the check for the Dynamite or the Jail.
Jim

Příspěvek od Jim »

My group had a situation occur with Jail and Lasso.

Situation: I was given the Jail card, then the Lasso card came into play.

1st question...
When it gets to be my turn, does Jail get played and discarded? (with no effect, it would then allow for my turn)

2nd question...
Or does Jail stay in place until the next round when it would be able to take effect?

My thought is, Jail gets played but simply has no effect (as the Lasso card states). But does Lasso go so far as to "freeze" all cards in front of everyone?

This same question could be posed for Dynamite during Lasso.

Also, the Judge card (not sure if its from AFOC or High Noon) states "cannot play cards in front of yourself or any other player". This goes further to my thought that Lasso still allows the playing of Jail but with no effect. But during Judge the card stays in place. Am I right on this?

3rd question...
Whether it stays because of Lasso or Judge... When it gets to be my turn, can I Cat Balou or Panic the Jail card or Dynamite card in front of me?
lucabil
Deputy Marshall Sheriff

Příspěvek od lucabil »

Check the answer in the AFOC forum
Odpovědět