srab
Site Sherif
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Variants for 9,10,12 players and else

Příspěvek od srab »

Author: Raman Ohri (mooka)
Date: 9.2.2006
Link: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/98933

Just thought I'd share a few variants we've developed and used quite a bit. We have a group that plays at lunch a couple times a week over the last couple years.

Nine Player Variant
- The ninth role card is an outlaw (you have extras if you have the full Bang! and Dodge City decks).
- The person sitting to the right of the sheriff is given one extra life point to increase the odds that they get a turn. This is not a permanent life point increase; i.e., if they take a point of damage and thereby lose this extra point of life, playing a beer wont put it back.

Ten Player Variant
- The ninth and tenth role cards are outlaws.
- The ninth and tenth players in the turn order (two players to the right of the sheriff) get an extra life as described above in the nine player variant.
- One of the deputies is replaced by the secret sheriff. We typically have the 'buffalo' sheriff (the one that comes with Dodge City) reveal themselves as normal. The other sheriff keeps his role card face down and essentially acts as a deputy until the 'buffalo' sheriff dies. At that point, he reveals himself and gains his extra life point. "Team White-hat" doesn't lose until both sheriffs are dead.

Twelve Player Variant
- This is similar to the 'gang' approach listed in one of the variant posts. Role cards simply tell you if you are on the buffalo or non-buffalo teams.
- Only one sheriff should be in 12 role cards dealt out, and he still reveals his role (and therefor which team he's on) and gets an extra life (since he will be targetted quickly).
- There should (obviously) be an equal amount of buffalo and non-buffalo roles.
- Other characters do not reveal their role cards until they are dead.
- Play continues until all six players from one of the gangs are dead.

Secret Character Variant
Instead of all of the players revealing their character cards at the start of game, they are all kept face down. The character is only revealed once you use your power. You can choose NOT to use your power (and therefor not reveal) if you like. Each player has the same number of life points as normal.

I Hate These Characters! Variant
If a player is not happy with either of the two characters they have been dealt, they can choose to take the top card from the character deck. They then HAVE to play that character, even if they like that one less than the original two they were dealt.

Super Bang!
Each player is dealt out three character cards. They keep two and reveal them. During the game, the powers of both characters are in effect. This of course reveals some extremely powerful combinations. Players life points corresponds to the lower of the two character cards base life.

Hope you all get some mileage out of these...we've found them to be fairly balanced and fun.

the extra life point in the nine and ten player variants

Příspěvek od Guest »

The person sitting to the right of the sheriff is given one extra life point to increase the odds that they get a turn.
It may be unambiguous but "the person sitting to the right of the sheriff" means the two deputies, doesn't it?
srab
Site Sherif
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Re: the extra life point in the nine and ten player variants

Příspěvek od srab »

jlaci píše:
The person sitting to the right of the sheriff is given one extra life point to increase the odds that they get a turn.
It may be unambiguous but "the person sitting to the right of the sheriff" means the two deputies, doesn't it?
No it does mean! Person sitting to the right of the sheriff can be anyone. His disadvantage is his possition, he is last in round, cause are 9 players in game and game is clockwise type.

Btw: Hi JLaci, greetings to Hungary :)
Great work with these translations, i put them in section Downloads.

the ten player variant

Příspěvek od Guest »

One of the deputies is replaced by the secret sheriff. We typically have the 'buffalo' sheriff (the one that comes with Dodge City) reveal themselves as normal. The other sheriff keeps his role card face down and essentially acts as a deputy until the 'buffalo' sheriff dies. At that point, he reveals himself and gains his extra life point. "Team White-hat" doesn't lose until both sheriffs are dead.
I don't want to misunderstand it. If the one of the deputies is a secret sheriff, he keeps his role card face down (like the deputy), doesn't he? (Until the sheriff dies.) After the sheriff dies, he can replace the sheriff, and after he dies, the deputy can replace him (the secret sheriff). The 'buffalo' sheriff (I don't know what it is, I don't know Dodge City) is needed because of the distinction of the two "deputies"? (Because of the right order?) Please, corroborate it or explain the rules. Thanks a lot.
srab
Site Sherif
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Re: the ten player variant

Příspěvek od srab »

jlaci píše:
One of the deputies is replaced by the secret sheriff. We typically have the 'buffalo' sheriff (the one that comes with Dodge City) reveal themselves as normal. The other sheriff keeps his role card face down and essentially acts as a deputy until the 'buffalo' sheriff dies. At that point, he reveals himself and gains his extra life point. "Team White-hat" doesn't lose until both sheriffs are dead.
I don't want to misunderstand it. If the one of the deputies is a secret sheriff, he keeps his role card face down (like the deputy), doesn't he? (Until the sheriff dies.) After the sheriff dies, he can replace the sheriff, and after he dies, the deputy can replace him (the secret sheriff). The 'buffalo' sheriff (I don't know what it is, I don't know Dodge City) is needed because of the distinction of the two "deputies"? (Because of the right order?) Please, corroborate it or explain the rules. Thanks a lot.
No :) i recommendet you to buy Dodge City or at least read the rules.
In Dodge City are roles too, with sign in a corner of these card(buffalo sign).
So you take one new "buffalo" Sheriff and replace with this card a Deputies one. This "buffalo" Sheriff will be real sheriff and the "old" one from BANG! pack will be secret one.
The "old" sheriff keeps his role card face down and essentially acts as a deputy until the "buffalo" sheriff dies. At that point, he reveals himself and gains his extra life point. "Team White-hat" doesn't lose until both sheriffs are dead.
Odpovědět