Lucky Duke

from Apache to Willy

Moderátoři: lucabil, Suzy Lafayette

Odpovědět
Anonymous

Lucky Duke

Příspěvek od Anonymous »

What is Lucky Duke's special ability... with more detail then the instructions and the card. For example: So when he draws for his first card he draws two cards and shows them to all the players and chooses one. Then for he second card he draws two more cards and chooses one. Then, he discards the cards that he didn't choose.
mr.kurtz
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Příspěvek od mr.kurtz »

Generally, "drawing!" means drawing for Barrel, Dynamite etc. where you seek some specific suite and/or number of card. Therefore Lucky Duke's ability applies to this kind of drawing ("drawing!"), not drawing in phase 1.
orb

Příspěvek od orb »

I suggest you play lucky 2 ways. either:
- he uses his ability in phase one while he is drawing or
- when he is checking his "luck" with cards like jail, dynamite, barrel

if you let him use it for every draw it quickly gets out of hand.
consider panic or stage coach. he has way too many cards to choose from.
lucabil
Deputy Marshall Sheriff

Příspěvek od lucabil »

No orb!

Unfortunately there is some lexical confusion (bad translation), since in english "draw" means what in Bang happens in phase 1 (pick up a playable card from the deck).

But the Lucky Duke's ability DOES NOT REFER to phase 1!

It's only applicable for Barrell, Dynamite etc..., as Kurz said :-)
Rai

Příspěvek od Rai »

It's still a useful ability. In fact, if it applied during the drawing phase, everyone would be able to see what cards you draw.

That, my friends, is not so special. :lol:
Jim

Příspěvek od Jim »

We play that he gets to draw two and choose one for EVERY time he draws a card. Whether it's Phase 1, Barrel, Dodge, Bible, whatever it is. The one question we started to ask ourselves lately is... does it apply to General Store? For instance, if there are 4 players, for each of the 4 General Store cards, Lucky Duke could draw two and choose which one goes face up until there are 4 on the table face up.

I admit, he has been pretty powerful, but as I was about to post this question, this is the first time I have seen anything on his ability not applying to Phase 1. When we first started playing the game, we thought it only applied to Phase 1. Then we figured, what's so lucky about that, it must also apply to Barrel and Dynamite. But we have never thought he had to show the two cards to everyone.

Perhaps we need to re-read his rules.
lucabil
Deputy Marshall Sheriff

Příspěvek od lucabil »

Jim, I can ensure ... Lucky Duke's ability has nothing to do with some thing different from Barrells, Jails, Dynamite etc.
In italian rules there's no doubt because two different words are used: "pescare" is what happens in phase 1 (or when you play Wells Fargo and the likes), whilst "estrarre" is what happens with Barrells and the likes.
And Lucky Duke's ability talk about the latter.

General store is even more out of place ... there's no draw at all ...

Příspěvek od Guest »

Hi, I'm Zen and it's the first time I post on this forum. I'm spanish, so sorry if my english is not very well...

In a FAQ I saw that Lucky Duck look 2 cards and chooses 1 when he plays wells fargo, or diligenza. Is this true??

C u!
lucabil
Deputy Marshall Sheriff

Příspěvek od lucabil »

Zen píše:Hi, I'm Zen and it's the first time I post on this forum. I'm spanish, so sorry if my english is not very well...

In a FAQ I saw that Lucky Duck look 2 cards and chooses 1 when he plays wells fargo, or diligenza. Is this true??

C u!
No, as explained in the previous posts of this thread, Lucky Duke's ability has nothing to do with drawing cards, but only when checking the seed for barrels and the like.

Could you please tell us which FAQ's are you referring to?
Suzy Lafayette

Příspěvek od Suzy Lafayette »

lucabil píše: Could you please tell us which FAQ's are you referring to?
the anti-Bang! FAQ? :lol:

@Zen: welcome in the forum! 8)

Příspěvek od Guest »

Wah, I can't find that FAQ... I'm a lier xD

Sorry, I think I dream that... I supose...

Thanks!
Suzy Lafayette

Zen píše:Wah, I can't find that FAQ... I'm a lier xD

Sorry, I think I dream that... I supose...

Thanks!
:lol: no problem it happens :wink:
Frankie Four Fingers

Re: Lucky Duke

Příspěvek od Frankie Four Fingers »

http://bangcardgame.blogspot.com/search ... cky%20Duke" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Look at ability. It says discard both cards afterwards. That means if you choose to use it on phase 1, you would have to discard all 4 cards :!:
Suzy Lafayette

Re: Lucky Duke

Frankie Four Fingers píše:http://bangcardgame.blogspot.com/search ... cky%20Duke

Look at ability. It says discard both cards afterwards. That means if you choose to use it on phase 1, you would have to discard all 4 cards :!:
What?? Lucky Duke ability works on "draws" (Barrel, Jail, Dynamite)... :roll:
Odpovědět