Bang PC game

and now something completely different :)

Moderátoři: lucabil, Suzy Lafayette

Odpovědět

Bang PC game

Příspěvek od Guest »

If you don't want to read this and just want to play Bang! online, go to KBang Homepage.

Hi,
I'm a big fan of Bang! game and I also know how to code a bit, so I decided to implement this great game as a networked computer game. I started almost a year ago, but the progress was rather slow as I was most of the time learning how to make it work, etc. But finally I figured things out and managed to get the project to the state, when it's possible to play it.

So let me present you KBang. The project is written in C++ with use of the Qt4 library. Because I'm a Linux guy, I developed it primarily to run on Linux, but since Qt4 is multiplatform library, I managed to port it to Windows. I released the source codes under open source licence, so you can either get the source codes and compile everything by yourself, or I made a binary package for Windows, so you can just download a zip, unpack and run.

The project implements only the basic version of Bang! without any add-ons. Everything should work so far, but as in any piece of software, it's still likely to have bugs. So I would very appreciate if you could report any bugs you find to me.

For testing purposes, I developed a simple AI (Artifical Intelligence) and you can play with it. But remember, that this AI is REALLY stupid, as it does just random actions (although sometimes it looks really smart =)).

Enough of talking, here's the project:

KBang Homepage

I'm running a server on alderan.cz (it's the default server in the connect to server dialog), so you can play there.

Have fun and I hope to see you on Alderan.

McJ
Naposledy upravil(a) Guest dne 10 črc 2009, 00:11, celkem upraveno 2 x.
lucabil
Deputy Marshall Sheriff

Příspěvek od lucabil »

Great news! (unless someone has something to say about copyright issues)

I downloaded the (WIN) software. I'll try it ASAP!
Suzy Lafayette

Příspěvek od Suzy Lafayette »

lucabil píše:Great news! (unless someone has something to say about copyright issues)

I downloaded the (WIN) software. I'll try it ASAP!
maybe someone could keep the eyes closed for a while :wink: , until KBang is working fine and full of features (optional expansions, AI, etc.) ... and then maybe find a good agreement for both sides 8)

Příspěvek od Guest »

Hi,
a new version of KBang has just been released. Download here:
http://kbang.googlecode.com/files/kbang-0.1.3-win32.zip

The most current information about new versions can be found at wiki:
http://code.google.com/p/kbang/wiki/Testing
Sartan4455

An old copy?

Příspěvek od Sartan4455 »

Does anyone have a copy of the kbang-0.1.3-win32.zip file some where and can host if briefly? I'd love to test this out. I have a bad feeling the 'official' game is years away.

Příspěvek od Guest »

Please if anyone has the .zip post it! :P

Příspěvek od Guest »

I have found this! And there's players in there!

http://ulozto.sk/2110175/kbang-0.1.3-win32.zip
Odpovědět