BANG! and MISSED! Cards

everything about rules

Moderátoři: lucabil, Suzy Lafayette

Odpovědět

BANG! and MISSED! Cards

Příspěvek od Guest »

What exactly counts as a Bang! or Missed! card for things like Duel! or for your turn-ly Bang! quota? Is it anything, besides the Gatling Gun, that has the effect of either of these (or that you are able to use to this effect), or does it have to be a card which says, at the top, BANG! or MISSED! ?

It came up for a Russian Roulette round, where a player wished to use one of their on the table green cards with a Missed! effect, and we were unable to determine from the written rules what the outcome would be.
Suzy Lafayette

Příspěvek od Suzy Lafayette »

Not sure to have you got your troubles but:

- within a Duel you can discard only Bang! cards (nothing else), just Calamity Janet could discard Missed! cards due to her ability

- within a Russian Roulette you just have to miss the shot and you can use anything for this purpose: Missed, Dodge, Barrel, green cards with the 'Missed symbol'. The first who don't miss the shot loses 2 l.p.

Příspěvek od Guest »

Just mostly with the situations where one could use a Bang! like card, instead of a card that clearly says BANG! on it. Like, for your Bang! quota each turn, would you be able to use, say, a Punch!, and a Bang! card, even though both have the effect of Bang! ?
I'm just asking for the situations when it would be required for the cards to say 'BANG!' and 'MISSED!', instead of just having that effect.
lucabil
Deputy Marshall Sheriff

Příspěvek od lucabil »

Rules and wordings (characters or other special cards) usa the word "card" to mean a card with the specified name.

For instance you can play one one Bang! card each turn, but you can play any number of cards having a Bang effect (punch or whatever)

During a Duel or in response to an Indians you have to discard Bang! cards.

Calamity Janet, Slab th Killer, Willy the Kid, Molly Stark and Tequila Joe wordings, all say card.

Doc Holiday is sad exception (mistake), it says card but it shouldn't.

Other cards saying explicitly card (thus meaning a card with that name and nothing else): Shootout, Reverend, Sermon, Ricochet, Russian Roulette, Sniper.
Suzy Lafayette

Just quoted lucabil, actually the 'key' of Bang! is the difference between card and effect.

Doc Holyday (Bang! effect) if I well remember just say "... to shoot a Bang!" and not something like "as Bang! card", so it shouldn't be a mistake.

Russian Roulette can be missed! by any missed-like card like the FAQ explicitly says:
Q15. Can I use cards like Barrel, Bible etc. or characters special abilities (like Jourdonnais’)
to avoid the effect of the Russian Roulette?
A. Yes.
lucabil
Deputy Marshall Sheriff

Příspěvek od lucabil »

Suzy Lafayette píše:Doc Holyday (Bang! effect) if I well remember just say "... to shoot a Bang!" and not something like "as Bang! card", so it shouldn't be a mistake.
Unfortunartely, while the wording on the card is correct, the description in Dodge City rules reads
... he can discard any two cards from his hand for the effect of a BANG! card against a player ...
There both the effect and card words

---
Suzy Lafayette píše:Russian Roulette can be missed! by any missed-like card like the FAQ explicitly says:
Q15. Can I use cards like Barrel, Bible etc. or characters special abilities (like Jourdonnais’)
A. Yes.
Yes. You need a FAQ to decide that (that's not good), because the english wording says: "discard a Missed Card". Mmaybe the correct wording shoud have been something like
When Russian Roulette enters play, starting from the Sheriff each player is target of a Bang, until one player is hurt: that player loses 2 life points and the Roulette stops.
lucabil
Deputy Marshall Sheriff

Příspěvek od lucabil »

Shall I ever manage to take some time to try to rewrite (and submit to Emiliano) rules and card wordings so that there won't be doubts or need for FAQs?
Suzy Lafayette

lucabil píše:Shall I ever manage to take some time to try to rewrite (and submit to Emiliano) rules and card wordings so that there won't be doubts or need for FAQs?
it would be nice... 8)

actually I guess wordings were written before Dodge City which has added this 'effect' meaning, and not rewritten anymore :roll:
ScoutMan

Příspěvek od ScoutMan »

lucabil píše:
Suzy Lafayette píše:Doc Holyday (Bang! effect) if I well remember just say "... to shoot a Bang!" and not something like "as Bang! card", so it shouldn't be a mistake.
Unfortunartely, while the wording on the card is correct, the description in Dodge City rules reads
... he can discard any two cards from his hand for the effect of a BANG! card against a player ...
There both the effect and card words

---
Suzy Lafayette píše:Russian Roulette can be missed! by any missed-like card like the FAQ explicitly says:
A. Yes.
Yes. You need a FAQ to decide that (that's not good), because the english wording says: "discard a Missed Card". Mmaybe the correct wording shoud have been something like
When Russian Roulette enters play, starting from the Sheriff each player is target of a Bang, until one player is hurt: that player loses 2 life points and the Roulette stops.
In the new versions of DC and AFOC both Doc Holyday and Russian Roulette have been corrected.

Doc Holyday: "...he can discard any two cards from his hand for the effect of a BANG! against..."
Russian Roulette: "...each player discards a Missed!, until one player does not..."
Odpovědět