Panic

from BANG! to last Beer

Moderátoři: lucabil, Suzy Lafayette

Odpovědět

Panic

Příspěvek od Guest »

If my friend plays a panic on another friend, but doesn't realize that the friend has no cards, is the panic discarded or does he get to repanic someone?
Suzy Lafayette

Příspěvek od Suzy Lafayette »

I don't remember a specific rule or FAQ about, but there's a "similar" FAQ:

Q27. What happens when a player forgets to apply the effect of a card (e.g. a Barrel) or an
ability of his character?

A. Remember that some abilities and effects are not mandatory (for example the ability of
Jourdonnais). Anyway, if a players forgets to apply some effect, he can still correct his
behaviour before the next card is played. After that time, the game is considered carried over
regularly and he cannot do anything about it.

In my Bang! group we simply discard it if it's wrongly used.
lucabil
Deputy Marshall Sheriff

Příspěvek od lucabil »

I think this kind of things can be managed freely by the playgroup.
In mine, we have relaxed evenings (expecially when there are beginners) and more formal ones where there's less space left to mistakes correction.
c3le

Příspěvek od c3le »

Exactly. For example, sometimes a friend of mine plays Panic! on another player, but doesn't realize he has let's say +1 distance. What'll usually happen;

"I'll just take a card from you (to player #1)...oh you have +1 Mustang I can't. Right, okay (to player #2), I just take a card from you then."

Příspěvek od Guest »

In my play gruop, if anyone plays a card and he cannot, he discards that card, no matter what the card is.

Sorry if my english is not very well, i'm spanish...
Suzy Lafayette

Zen píše:In my play gruop, if anyone plays a card and he cannot, he discards that card, no matter what the card is.

Rule for true Bang players!! 8)
SpectreGadget

Příspěvek od SpectreGadget »

Suzy Lafayette píše:
Zen píše:In my play gruop, if anyone plays a card and he cannot, he discards that card, no matter what the card is.

Rule for true Bang players!! 8)
But... if you play it that way, then someone like Suzy could "accidentally" play cards to get them out of their hands. Or someone might play unplayable cards if they are about to die so that Sam cannot get his cards.

We don't allow unplayable cards for these reasons.
c3le

Příspěvek od c3le »

SpectreGadget píše: But... if you play it that way, then someone like Suzy could "accidentally" play cards to get them out of their hands. Or someone might play unplayable cards if they are about to die so that Sam cannot get his cards.

We don't allow unplayable cards for these reasons.
That's true. I'd go for that as well. It's like playing with Suzy with the tequila card in hand "Oh I have one card and I play this TEQUILA no wait I can't because I need ANOTHER card oh well I lost my tequila! Yay no cards in hand I get another!"

Thus, you take that card back.
Suzy Lafayette

c3le píše:
That's true. I'd go for that as well. It's like playing with Suzy with the tequila card in hand "Oh I have one card and I play this TEQUILA no wait I can't because I need ANOTHER card oh well I lost my tequila! Yay no cards in hand I get another!"

Thus, you take that card back.
we do not allow this as well :roll:

Příspěvek od Guest »

Lol I remember "accidentally" play wrongful cards all the time when it's "A fistful of cards" turn so they are all discarded. Then we have to change the rule: a card played wrong has to be discarded IF the other players want (majority vote if you want).
Suzy Lafayette

iamj4de píše:Lol I remember "accidentally" play wrongful cards all the time when it's "A fistful of cards" turn so they are all discarded. Then we have to change the rule: a card played wrong has to be discarded IF the other players want (majority vote if you want).
There's a difference between cards which can be played at your choice, and cards that cannot be played as a statement. Ex. a second Bang! card cannot be played without a Volcanic or Willy The Kid, that's mean you cannot accidentally play it, and if you do you must get it back. This sounds to me quite simple to realize and fair for everybody.

Příspěvek od Guest »

You are right, however there is still one way to abuse the rule:
Imagine you play a Panic card against an opponent at +1 distance, knowingly. If the opponent doesn't notice you played the card illegally, great. If he does, all you have to do is to take back the card and wait for another chance. That's why there must be a rule to prevent this kind of rule abusing: and what we do is to force him to discard that card if the opponent requests.
Suzy Lafayette

iamj4de píše:You are right, however there is still one way to abuse the rule:
Imagine you play a Panic card against an opponent at +1 distance, knowingly. If the opponent doesn't notice you played the card illegally, great. If he does, all you have to do is to take back the card and wait for another chance. That's why there must be a rule to prevent this kind of rule abusing: and what we do is to force him to discard that card if the opponent requests.
yes, I know it may work, in the past my group used to play like this :wink:

we changed to nearer accords the official rule and because among us there was no way to work around abusing the rule :lol:

actually it would be more tactics to let play cards in any case; in your example a panic! would be wasted if bad played, or it may allow more tacticism with a fistful of cards etc.
Odpovědět