Moderátoři: lucabil, Suzy Lafayette

Odpovědět
srab
Site Sherif
Kontaktovat uživatele:

The Three-Player Variant: The Undercover Sheriff

Příspěvek od srab »

Hi all bangers, :p

We do like Bang!, but we have three players to play only often. We have tried the official three-player rule, as well as considered other variants posted here. However, it's still much less fun in a three-player game using those rule comparing to a standard 4-7 player game.

Two major reasons makes Bang less fun using those rules:
1) The roles are all known to each other from the beginning. The major part of fun when playing Bang is to guess who is who, and to confuse others who I am. The official rule remove this part AT ALL!!!
2) The playing time is usually too short.

So, here comes our version of three-player variant: "The Undercover Sheriff". We have tried it several times, and it is really fun! :arrrh:

Preparation:
1. Roles used: 1 Sheriff, 2 Outlaws.
2. Deal Role Card to the players, all players keep his role secrete (put the role card face down) (INLCUDING THE SHERIFF!!!)
3. Deal two character cards for each player, each player choose his favorite one as his character, and use the other card as life card as normal.
4. Deal cards to each player up to his full life points as in the normal bang rule. (Sheriff doesn't have extra one life, since nobody knows he is Sheriff)
5. Dynamite is removed from the game. Only one Jail used.

Winning Condition:
1. Sheriff: Must kill both Outlaws
2. Outlaws: Kill the Sheriff (of course!!! :arrrh: )

Gameplay:
1. Play Bang as in standard rule, with following definitions and exceptions.
2. Cloaked Role: As long as the player's role is secrete (face down), he is a cloaked role. The cloaled Sheriff is the Undercover Sheriff!
3. Reborn: When a cloaked role is eliminated, he reveal his role card (turn face up) and got reborned. If he is Sheriff, refill his life to full (4 or 3), and refill his hand-card to full immediately (4 or 3 cards depends on character's capability) (*note). If he is outlaw, regain one life only, and refill one card if no card left on hand.
4. Revealed Role: A player become revealed when he reborn from dead cloaked role. If a revealed role dead, then he is really dead!
5. Jail can be played on front of any Cloaked Role (including Sheriff), as well as Revealed Outlaws. Cannot be played on Revealed Sheriff.
6. When killing Revealed Outlaws, you still got reward (3 cards).

We have played it several times, and we really enjoy "The Undercover Sheriff" rule.

(*note) Twist of the balance: If you still feel the Sheriff is too weak to against two outlaws, try to let the Sheriff has one extra life after he reborned as in the standard rule.

How it is fun:
1. Only the Sheriff knows everyone's role from the beginning. But the Sheriff still have lots fun to try to keep his role secrete. Weaken all outlaws as much as possible and confuse them before his role is revealed.
2. Outlaws has no idea who is his teammate and who is the Sheriff. Even the first outlaw has been revealed, the revealed outlaw still doesn't know the other two players' role yet.

Tips to win:
1. Sheriff: Try to keep his role secrete as long as possible. If he can weaken (and let outlaws shoot to each other) more, then he has more chance to win.
2. Outlaws: Try to identify and reveal Sheriff as early as possible.

Enjoy it! Any comments / suggestions are welcome. :meeple:

Last edited by helo on 2006-10-27 05:20:39 CST (Total Number of Edits: 1)
kahopkins

Příspěvek od kahopkins »

This is an old post, of course, but I'll respond anyway.

So, basically the only way the Sheriff can be revealed in the 3 person variant is if the Jail card is played?
lucabil
Deputy Marshall Sheriff

Příspěvek od lucabil »

kahopkins píše:This is an old post, of course, but I'll respond anyway.

So, basically the only way the Sheriff can be revealed in the 3 person variant is if the Jail card is played?
No, the game starts with all 3 roles kept secret (cloaked).

When a player with a cloaked role dies (so just the first time), it reveals its role. From that moment on, the player plays as usual.

So to reveal the sheriff, he must die while he's cloaked. The he is reborn with sheriff role revealed.

The only issue about jail is that it cannot be played in front of a (revealed) sheriff, as the normal rules state.
Jim

Příspěvek od Jim »

My friends and I play this 3-player undercover game with High Noon and AFOC. We had a situation come up in which the person flipping the card for the round, flipped the Russian Roulette card when the other two just died their first deaths. What happens for Russian Roulette? My friends and I came up with two possible scenarios. Either the one live person has to automatically take the 2 bullets or he only has to play one Missed card and then consider the Roulette over. Any thoughts?
Jim

Příspěvek od Jim »

No feedback on my question?

Re: The Three-Player Variant: The Undercover Sheriff

Příspěvek od Guest »

srab píše:Hi all bangers, :p

We do like Bang!, but we have three players to play only often. We have tried the official three-player rule, as well as considered other variants posted here. However, it's still much less fun in a three-player game using those rule comparing to a standard 4-7 player game.

Two major reasons makes Bang less fun using those rules:
1) The roles are all known to each other from the beginning. The major part of fun when playing Bang is to guess who is who, and to confuse others who I am. The official rule remove this part AT ALL!!!
2) The playing time is usually too short.

So, here comes our version of three-player variant: "The Undercover Sheriff". We have tried it several times, and it is really fun! :arrrh:

Preparation:
1. Roles used: 1 Sheriff, 2 Outlaws.
2. Deal Role Card to the players, all players keep his role secrete (put the role card face down) (INLCUDING THE SHERIFF!!!)
3. Deal two character cards for each player, each player choose his favorite one as his character, and use the other card as life card as normal.
4. Deal cards to each player up to his full life points as in the normal bang rule. (Sheriff doesn't have extra one life, since nobody knows he is Sheriff)
5. Dynamite is removed from the game. Only one Jail used.

Winning Condition:
1. Sheriff: Must kill both Outlaws
2. Outlaws: Kill the Sheriff (of course!!! :arrrh: )

Gameplay:
1. Play Bang as in standard rule, with following definitions and exceptions.
2. Cloaked Role: As long as the player's role is secrete (face down), he is a cloaked role. The cloaled Sheriff is the Undercover Sheriff!
3. Reborn: When a cloaked role is eliminated, he reveal his role card (turn face up) and got reborned. If he is Sheriff, refill his life to full (4 or 3), and refill his hand-card to full immediately (4 or 3 cards depends on character's capability) (*note). If he is outlaw, regain one life only, and refill one card if no card left on hand.
4. Revealed Role: A player become revealed when he reborn from dead cloaked role. If a revealed role dead, then he is really dead!
5. Jail can be played on front of any Cloaked Role (including Sheriff), as well as Revealed Outlaws. Cannot be played on Revealed Sheriff.
6. When killing Revealed Outlaws, you still got reward (3 cards).

We have played it several times, and we really enjoy "The Undercover Sheriff" rule.

(*note) Twist of the balance: If you still feel the Sheriff is too weak to against two outlaws, try to let the Sheriff has one extra life after he reborned as in the standard rule.

How it is fun:
1. Only the Sheriff knows everyone's role from the beginning. But the Sheriff still have lots fun to try to keep his role secrete. Weaken all outlaws as much as possible and confuse them before his role is revealed.
2. Outlaws has no idea who is his teammate and who is the Sheriff. Even the first outlaw has been revealed, the revealed outlaw still doesn't know the other two players' role yet.

Tips to win:
1. Sheriff: Try to keep his role secrete as long as possible. If he can weaken (and let outlaws shoot to each other) more, then he has more chance to win.
2. Outlaws: Try to identify and reveal Sheriff as early as possible.

Enjoy it! Any comments / suggestions are welcome. :meeple:

Last edited by helo on 2006-10-27 05:20:39 CST (Total Number of Edits: 1)
Sounds very cool to me, i'll defenitly going to try that. But isn't it a little to easy for the sheriff ? I mean, he knows who everyone is ( DUH ) and when he's death he gets his life FULLY back ? Of course than the outlaws know that he is the sheriff. And another question, if the sheriff is allready revealed and he kills an unrevealed outlaw, does the outlaw reborns than or is he completly death ?
Odpovědět