volcanic

from BANG! to last Beer

Moderátoři: lucabil, Suzy Lafayette

Odpovědět
nofto

volcanic

Příspěvek od nofto »

Can I use one bang! card with Winchester and then discard Winchester and use Volcanic and hit some player with another bang! card in the same turn?
srab
Site Sherif
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Re: volcanic

Příspěvek od srab »

[quote:6f2a470111="nofto"]Can I use one bang! card with Winchester and then discard Winchester and use Volcanic and hit some player with another bang! card in the same turn?[/quote:6f2a470111]

By the logical way you cannot, cause you can shoot BANG! card once per turn(accordance with character). You can shoot more times with diffirent weapons, but you have to be Willy the Kid :)
nofto

Re: volcanic

Příspěvek od nofto »

[quote:db192e3fd3="srab"][quote:db192e3fd3="nofto"]Can I use one bang! card with Winchester and then discard Winchester and use Volcanic and hit some player with another bang! card in the same turn?[/quote:db192e3fd3]

By the logical way you cannot, cause you can shoot BANG! card once per turn(accordance with character). You can shoot more times with diffirent weapons, but you have to be Willy the Kid :)[/quote:db192e3fd3]

thanks. on the other side, by rules, having volcanic, i can shoot any number of bang cards. i think it is not so clear from the rules :). any way thanks.
srab
Site Sherif
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Příspěvek od srab »

yeap but you used your BANG! with Winchester, and that is not Volcanic :)
nofto

Příspěvek od nofto »

[quote:a7869819fd="srab"]yeap but you used your BANG! with Winchester, and that is not Volcanic :)[/quote:a7869819fd]

but it was my first BANG!, so it was OK. after changing the gun to volcanic, i can play any number of BANG!s (following the rules), so it is also OK.
lucabil
Deputy Marshall Sheriff

Příspěvek od lucabil »

In my play group it is normal to shoot a far Bang with a "long" weapon, then change the weapon and continue shooting "closer" with a Volcanic ...

FOllowing the rules there no reason not to do so ...
srab
Site Sherif
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Příspěvek od srab »

In my play group is not possible to shoot with long weapons and than with volcanic in the same turn, because you spend your BANG! with long weapon and in rules is : only one BANG! card may be played per turn.
In our games is possible to change long weapon, without shooting, for Volcanic and than shoot how many times you want.
Rai

Příspěvek od Rai »

The volcanic's ability allows you to play as many Bang! cards as you wish during your turn. If you have already shot with a gun, and then equipped the volcanic, I see no reason or limitation that means you cannot fire again, since the volcanic's ability lets you fire as many times as is possible, depending on your cards.

That's how we play it anyway.
MaGnUs
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Příspěvek od MaGnUs »

Rai píše:The volcanic's ability allows you to play as many Bang! cards as you wish during your turn. If you have already shot with a gun, and then equipped the volcanic, I see no reason or limitation that means you cannot fire again, since the volcanic's ability lets you fire as many times as is possible, depending on your cards.

That's how we play it anyway.
I agree; you can discard your long rage weapon to play volcanic and keep shooting. Nothing in the rules says otherwise. Srab, can you ask Emiliano?
cober

Count me in

Příspěvek od cober »

I agree that after switching to volcanic you can continue to shoot.
c3le

Příspěvek od c3le »

They're right. After shooting with whatever gun and then switching to the volcanic you can shoot more.

Příspěvek od Guest »

NOWAY. When you use whatever a weapon, you can't use another weapon this turn. You can only use one weapon per turn (including no-weapon fire).

In an easy way to explain it, when you use a volcanic weapon, all the bang! cards you use with it counts as the only bang! card you can use per turn. In this case, if you use a bang! card with a large weapon, you can't change to a volcanic and fire again. Noway if the special rule of the weapon let you fire many times.

Another explanation can be:
It could be that you were fired at a far player and you wanted to fire to a closed one. The special rule of the volcanic weapon don't let you shot two different players in a round (and you can't do this noway), in which case it's useless to shot first with a large weapon before changing a volcanic and go on firing, because you should fire with the large weapon at a distance of 1 if you would like to fire with the volcanic.

In any case, YOU CAN NOT PLAY BANG! CARDS TO FIRE 2 DIFERENT PLAYERS IN THE SAME TURN. IF YOU START FIRING AT A PLAYER, YOU CAN NOT CHANGE THE TARGET OF YOUR BANG! CARDS UNTIL THE END OF THE TURN. (Except for the character's special habilities that could affect that rule).
lucabil
Deputy Marshall Sheriff

Příspěvek od lucabil »

Spaghetti, I can't understand why you say that. Nothing in the rules say what you wrote. The only certain things are:

WEAPONS ... if you want to play a new weapon card when you already have one, you must discard the one you already have.
Volcanic : a player having this card in play may play any number of BANG! cards during his turn. This BANG! cards can be aimed at the same or different targets, but are limited to a distance of 1 (as shown by the number in the sight).
Emiliano
Marshall Sheriff

Příspěvek od Emiliano »

To avoid confusion, let's do two different cases here.
From normal Weapon to Volcanic: you can continue shooting, even if you already shot someone with the older weapon.
From Volcanic to normal Weapon: you can shoot with the new weapon only if you still did not shoot anyone with the Volcanic.

Příspěvek od Guest »

My cell group and I also encountered this same problem about 3 weeks ago. What we did was specify that blue-rimmed cards must be swapped or put in play before any shooting or whatever can be done. This way, there is absolutely no way anyone can take advantage of this ambiguity. But thx for the clarification Emiliano.
Odpovědět