Death Mesa Expansion Officially Released!

everything about BANG.cz

Moderátoři: lucabil, Suzy Lafayette

Odpovědět
martinpulido

Death Mesa Expansion Officially Released!

Příspěvek od martinpulido »

Obrázek

As promised, the Death Mesa (Alpha Version) expansion is officially ready for release! I have updated the cards, the Death Mesa page, and Death Mesa Guidebook to incorporate new changes that I have made. The expansion is now available inasone large 8 megabyte zip file, or as a series of 9 PDFs. Download according to your preference. I recommend downloading the Guidebook first to determine your production method, and from thereon downloading the files that you need. This could save you unnecessary download times and bandwidth. Anyway, I hope you all enjoy this expansion, and I hope that the quality of it will gear you up for Robber's Roost!

Download the Death Mesa Expansion (Alpha Version) now:

http://bangcardgame.blogspot.com/p/deat ... nsion.html

For those who download and play with Death Mesa, please give me some feedback on the expansion, so that I can consider how to improve it for future releases. You can simply post your feedback at:

http://bangcardgame.blogspot.com/2011/0 ... ially.html

Or you may e-mail me at:

martinpulido2@gmail.com

While Death Mesa is currently only available in English, I am considering a Spanish translation (and perhaps an Italian translation) for the future. Devuelve en el futuro para la traducción!

ABOUT DEATH MESA

Death Mesa is an unofficial expansion, designed by Martin Pulido, to BANG! the card game. The concept behind it was originally thought of by srab in his Dead Reckonin' variation. That variation, and this expansion, is meant to address one of BANG!'s central problems: when you are dead, it can be pretty boring waiting around (sometimes 15-45 minutes) for a game of BANG! to end. Both have a similar solution, namely that dead players can still influence the outcome of the game as "ghosts." The extent to which they can act and influence the outcome of the game is the big difference, as will be explained below. In Death Mesa eliminated players (including the Renegade) can still succeed in their goal to win the game.

When players are eliminated, they do not discard the cards that were in play in front of them or in their hands, but rather they combine these cards and place them in a pile face down in front of them. These cards can later be used to aid teammates and other players. As one might expect, Vulture Sam is to be removed from the character deck to avoid conflict with this new playing style.

As ghosts, players no longer possess the special abilities of their characters, affect the distance between players, nor do they draw from the normal deck of cards when their turn arises. Instead, they draw 1 card from the Dead Man’s Deck (a specialized deck of 52 cards) on their turn.

Cards drawn from the Dead Man’s Deck can have a variety of effects, from aiding teammates, weakening other players, and sometimes even allow you to attack players or influence other dead players. For more information on Death Mesa, visit the official page at:

http://bangcardgame.blogspot.com/p/deat ... nsion.html

___

Check out http://bangcardgame.blogspot.com for a BANG! blog that discusses modding, custom expansions, card production, strategy, and alternate gameplays.
martinpulido

Re: Death Mesa Expansion Officially Released!

I wanted to add some screenshots from the Death Mesa expansion card sheets and the guidebook:

Obrázek

Obrázek

Obrázek
martinpulido

Re: Death Mesa Expansion Officially Released!

Following up on my correspondence with Geekinsight, and the play testing of other fans, I wanted to include some rule changes and card clarifications for Death Mesa in a new 1.02 patch. have added some very significant rule adjustments that should make it easier for BANG! players to play with Death Mesa. Changes include the number of cards ghosts draw, negation rules, accumulating and disseminating "buried goods," and more!

As with the prior 1.01 patch, I am hoping as more people play Death Mesa that they will file some new complaints that I can try to address and tweek in the rules book. Just leave a comment or e-mail me to give your complaint.
Odpovědět