redesigned/new cards

do you have any idea about new card?

Moderátoři: lucabil, Suzy Lafayette

Odpovědět

redesigned/new cards

Příspěvek od Guest »

Hello fellow Bang! fans :) . I wanted to share some on new cards.

There's already a lot of good material on these forums, but many are too weak and some are too strong. Others aren't too interesting, others are really interesting. These, now they're redesigned, should be good, I think ^^ . A few cards I made myself.

Note that these cards are for Bang! with Dodge City (other expansions aren't very interesting IMO) and we always use the following custom rules:
-Every player gets dealt two character cards. He may choose one of these to play as.
-Players may only have one horse of any kind in play.
-Players that kill another player before they had a turn (skipping a turn because of a Jail means you didn't have a turn) have to discard all their cards in hand and in play.
-You can't have two hats in front of you.
-Johnny Kisch may choose whether or not he wants to make enemies discard their cards.
-Vera Custer may choose her character before the game starts.
-Elena Fuente may use cards in front of as a Missed! (not Jail or Dynamite) (playing her is like trying to stay alive desperately anyway)
-Players that are Jailed don't discard down to their life amount if they don't get out (Jail is already extremely powerful).

CHARACTERS

Big Fat Joe: 5 HP - can't be the sheriff or have horses in play (technically 1 extra HP just like Jourdonnais should average to, 1 extra card max means BFJ can't use horses as a weakness to balance this out. The original idea of 1/2 hitpoints etc. sounds really unnecessary).

Colin Barrel: 4 HP - once during his turn, if his played a Bang! which was Missed! (arguably this should trigger with Dodges and Plates etc. or not) he may keep the Bang! card.

Loaded Larry: 4 HP - may draw a weapon card from the discard pile as his first card.

Burt Longcatcher: 4 HP - when he is hit by an action card (brown-edged) he may keep it (somewhat like El Gringo except that you don't steal them from the opponent's hand so he has 4 HP instead of 3. The original from these forums is very weak).

Bill Houston: 4 HP - may keep any number of weapons in front of him. Weapon effects overlap (ones that don't give extra range don't add +1 to your range or anything, but a Volcanic and a Winchester gives you a Volcanic with 5 range) (this is based on the Tom Gunseller idea on these forums)

Ted Revenge: 4 HP - When hit by a player, he may discard a card to fire a Bang immediately at that player (arguably, if his range allows it) (the original idea was extremely weak).

Dynamite Dick: 4 HP - may draw a Dynamite card from the discard pile as his first card. He isn't affected by the Dynamite (I don't understand why they didn't implement this - I get killed by Dynamite so often I'd pick it :P )

General Caster: 4 HP - may play green cards out of his hand (seems weakish though).

Heinz the Copycat: 4 HP - may have cards with identical names in front of him. Effects accumulate.

Pat Garrett: 4 HP - when a player removes a card from his hand or in front of him, he may draw a card (comparable to Bart Cassidy).

Sitting Bull: 4 HP - once during his turn, when he draws an extra card, he may draw a card. When he (and only he) plays a General Store, lay down one extra card. Whatever card is left at the end, he draws it.

Colt Masterson: 4 HP - when he hits someone with a Bang!, he may draw a card (inverted Bart Cassidy, but only with Bang!s).

Duncan Drunkman: 4 HP - if another player plays a Beer card, he may discard a card to regain one life point (sounded like a good character idea).

Annie Akimbo: 3 HP - when she fires a Bang!, she may shoot two shots at two people (one each - both must be in range)). She may not target one player twice this way.

Sonny Sloshed: 4 HP - does not have a maximum amount of hit points (this one is taken from the forum as well, but under a different name).

Smiley Goodman: 4 HP - may play Whisky and Beer cards on any player (sounded like an interesting character).

Maria del Fuego: 3 HP - may discard two cards to play a Dodge (slight redesign of the original, may not play cards on the table like Elena can).

Haunting Harry: 3 HP - when killed, he loses all his cards, but remains in the game. He may not have any cards in front of him and has 0 HP (discards all at the end of his turn).

Simon Scavenger: 4 HP - he gets all cards that players have to discard because they have too many in their hand. (This does not include cards discarded because of Cat Balou or those discarded to play cards such as Whisky)

----
BROWN
Pawnbroker: discard 1, draw 3
Musical Chairs: discard 1, choose a place to sit. (You can't choose in such a way th next turn, it'll be your turn immediately. This way, you can sit next to the Sheriff if you want to protect or attack him, for example).
Backfire: miss + bang

BLAUW
Scope: -1 (same effect as new edition - used to stack this with horses in the same way a Hideout does (only if you can have only one horse in play).
Shotgun: range 1 - Bang! cards need to be missed twice (identical to Slab the Killer's ability - this card is great to play with!)
Smokescreen: range -1 for an enemy player (use this like a Jail card - stays until Cat Balou'd or alike).

GROEN
Harnass: 2x miss (allows you to miss a shot from Slab or a shotgun)
Lasso: steal a horse (range is irrelevant)

And to keep the deck's percentage of cards somewhat intact, add:
-3x Bang!
-1x Iron Plate
-1x Missed!
-1x Beer
And substitute the Silver card for an Appaloosa (helps Johnny Kisch).
Suzy Lafayette

Re: redesigned/new cards

Příspěvek od Suzy Lafayette »

Chyros píše:Hello fellow Bang! fans :) . I wanted to share some on new cards.

There's already a lot of good material on these forums, but many are too weak and some are too strong. Others aren't too interesting, others are really interesting. These, now they're redesigned, should be good, I think ^^ . A few cards I made myself.
Hi and welcome in the forum!
Congrats for your job, it seems you are a true Bang fun :wink:

I try to add my comments based on my experience (I play with the most of the characters below), of course they are all IMHO :roll:, and however I would suggest you to "complete" your own charachters with images inserting them into a true character card (like here)

Note that these cards are for Bang! with Dodge City (other expansions aren't very interesting IMO) and we always use the following custom rules:
-Every player gets dealt two character cards. He may choose one of these to play as.
-Players may only have one horse of any kind in play.
-Players that kill another player before they had a turn (skipping a turn because of a Jail means you didn't have a turn) have to discard all their cards in hand and in play.
-You can't have two hats in front of you.
-Johnny Kisch may choose whether or not he wants to make enemies discard their cards.
-Vera Custer may choose her character before the game starts.
-Elena Fuente may use cards in front of as a Missed! (not Jail or Dynamite) (playing her is like trying to stay alive desperately anyway)
-Players that are Jailed don't discard down to their life amount if they don't get out (Jail is already extremely powerful).
The last one (Jail) it's not a custom rule, or not anymore. It's a Bang! 3rd Edition rule.

Personally I don't agree so much with the most of your customizations, but each group decides its best way to play, so... well done!
CHARACTERS

Big Fat Joe: 5 HP - can't be the sheriff or have horses in play (technically 1 extra HP just like Jourdonnais should average to, 1 extra card max means BFJ can't use horses as a weakness to balance this out. The original idea of 1/2 hitpoints etc. sounds really unnecessary).
I wouldn't say unnecessary but not immediate, and that does not sound good in Bang!
Colin Barrel: 4 HP - once during his turn, if his played a Bang! which was Missed! (arguably this should trigger with Dodges and Plates etc. or not) he may keep the Bang! card.
so the contrary of the original one, why? :roll:
Loaded Larry: 4 HP - may draw a weapon card from the discard pile as his first card.
In place of Artemis Flint? The technicality of your player is maybe better than the other, but Artemis is maybe more balanced, after all only Volcanic may really be deadly. I have printed Artemis, but I still have to heavily test it :roll:
Burt Longcatcher: 4 HP - when he is hit by an action card (brown-edged) he may keep it (somewhat like El Gringo except that you don't steal them from the opponent's hand so he has 4 HP instead of 3. The original from these forums is very weak).

The original Burt is weak but yours I fear it can be unbalanced... if you mean he can keep Indians, Gatling, Duel and so on
:?
Bill Houston: 4 HP - may keep any number of weapons in front of him. Weapon effects overlap (ones that don't give extra range don't add +1 to your range or anything, but a Volcanic and a Winchester gives you a Volcanic with 5 range) (this is based on the Tom Gunseller idea on these forums)
IMO unbalanced, even more with your custom rule of 1 horse as max.
Besides Willy The Kid becomes like a "no-ability-character"
Ted Revenge: 4 HP - When hit by a player, he may discard a card to fire a Bang immediately at that player (arguably, if his range allows it) (the original idea was extremely weak).
this can work, I maybe will try :wink:
Dynamite Dick: 4 HP - may draw a Dynamite card from the discard pile as his first card. He isn't affected by the Dynamite (I don't understand why they didn't implement this - I get killed by Dynamite so often I'd pick it :P )
I use the "original boothill character", why this change?
General Caster: 4 HP - may play green cards out of his hand (seems weakish though).
I can't understand this change, what do you mean? :roll:
Heinz the Copycat: 4 HP - may have cards with identical names in front of him. Effects accumulate.

That sounds good, i will add it to my characters with the next update!
8)
Pat Garrett: 4 HP - when a player removes a card from his hand or in front of him, he may draw a card (comparable to Bart Cassidy).
it changes from the original one, can't say if in better way, just different
Sitting Bull: 4 HP - once during his turn, when he draws an extra card, he may draw a card. When he (and only he) plays a General Store, lay down one extra card. Whatever card is left at the end, he draws it.
Why do you limit to once per turn? And why do you change the General Store rule? I play Sitting since a lot of time, he is absolutely balanced as it is
Colt Masterson: 4 HP - when he hits someone with a Bang!, he may draw a card (inverted Bart Cassidy, but only with Bang!s).
Easy player, I like it! 8)
Duncan Drunkman: 4 HP - if another player plays a Beer card, he may discard a card to regain one life point (sounded like a good character idea).
So you add 1 HP (I agree) and limit to "another player" (it could work also the old way)
Annie Akimbo: 3 HP - when she fires a Bang!, she may shoot two shots at two people (one each - both must be in range)). She may not target one player twice this way.

With one bang? Is it not to similar to Ambidexter Bo and/or Shotgun Sam?
Sonny Sloshed: 4 HP - does not have a maximum amount of hit points (this one is taken from the forum as well, but under a different name).
I fear completely unbalanced if you mean he can increase life points to the infinite (with all its consequences)
Smiley Goodman: 4 HP - may play Whisky and Beer cards on any player (sounded like an interesting character).
I agree, I just changed the name into Iye Calumet (with image of an indian) :)
Maria del Fuego: 3 HP - may discard two cards to play a Dodge (slight redesign of the original, may not play cards on the table like Elena can).
Better than the original Maria, the effect is she plays a missed-like-card and draw 1 card discarding 2 cards... hmmm... can't say why, not fashinating, but ok, she seems balanced
Haunting Harry: 3 HP - when killed, he loses all his cards, but remains in the game. He may not have any cards in front of him and has 0 HP (discards all at the end of his turn).
This sounds a very interesting character, practically a "ghost town" character (drawing 2 cards, not 3)... I will try it, and would decide if it counts as normal with Dead Man card... I maybe would prefer it does not count (actually he is not dead). Besides, about the ability of Herb Hunter and Greg Digger (if he is already playing with 0 HP), I would say he does not count as well.

Further specification:

- if he is an Outlaw, one should decide if the 3 cards (for his killing) are taken or not

- imagine he is the Sheriff, he must be dead when he reaches 0 HP or the game never ends with his defeat

EDIT: to semplificate that player I would say "when killed, he comes back to life each turn like a ghost (drawing 2 cards) and he dies at the end of each turn"

in this way:

- it counts as usual for Dead Man
- he will surely use Ghost Town (for one turn he draws 3 cards)
- Herb and Greg abilities works as usual with him
- if he is killed as Outlaw the murderer keeps 3 cards as usual (of course he can die only one time "by other hand")
- if his death is the goal of another player the game ends as usual
Simon Scavenger: 4 HP - he gets all cards that players have to discard because they have too many in their hand. (This does not include cards discarded because of Cat Balou or those discarded to play cards such as Whisky)
I like it I will try! 8)

----
BROWN
Pawnbroker: discard 1, draw 3
Musical Chairs: discard 1, choose a place to sit. (You can't choose in such a way th next turn, it'll be your turn immediately. This way, you can sit next to the Sheriff if you want to protect or attack him, for example).
Backfire: miss + bang

BLAUW
Scope: -1 (same effect as new edition - used to stack this with horses in the same way a Hideout does (only if you can have only one horse in play).
Shotgun: range 1 - Bang! cards need to be missed twice (identical to Slab the Killer's ability - this card is great to play with!)
Smokescreen: range -1 for an enemy player (use this like a Jail card - stays until Cat Balou'd or alike).

GROEN
Harnass: 2x miss (allows you to miss a shot from Slab or a shotgun)
Lasso: steal a horse (range is irrelevant)

And to keep the deck's percentage of cards somewhat intact, add:
-3x Bang!
-1x Iron Plate
-1x Missed!
-1x Beer
And substitute the Silver card for an Appaloosa (helps Johnny Kisch).
In general I like to keep original game structure so I don't use any different cards except one, the Arrow in the original version of DeputyNoodles and in place of a Bang!

...but once again each group usually find its best customizations, so good job, just I'm not the indicated person to comment on this :wink:

Příspěvek od Guest »

Suzy Lafayette píše:
so the contrary of the original one, why? :roll:
Oh, of some characters on these forums I just used the name.
Suzy Lafayette píše:
In place of Artemis Flint? The technicality of your player is maybe better than the other, but Artemis is maybe more balanced, after all only Volcanic may really be deadly. I have printed Artemis, but I still have to heavily test it :roll:
Yeah, he was based on Artemis. Loaded Larry sounded better IMO :p . Drawing a weapon as first card has some disadvantages, though. First, there needs to be a weapon that's discarded in the first place. Until that time he has no ability whatsoever. Second, he doesn't steal it like Pat can. Third, he can only draw weapons. I'd estimate this ability to be about as useful as Rose Doolan's, with the advantage of being able to acquire more powerful weapons than one with +1 range, but the disadvantage of being able to lose his weapon, not having it from the start, and not getting +1 range (for panics etc) that Rose has.
Suzy Lafayette píše:

The original Burt is weak but yours I fear it can be unbalanced... if you mean he can keep Indians, Gatling, Duel and so on
:?
Yes, that was the intention. I wondered if I should make him a 3 HP character, but look at it this way. If El Gringo is hit by anything, he draws a card from another player's hand which is more powerful than drawing a card that would otherwise have been discarded (the opponent wouldn't be able to use that anyway). Hence the 4 HP.
Suzy Lafayette píše:
IMO unbalanced, even more with your custom rule of 1 horse as max.
Besides Willy The Kid becomes like a "no-ability-character"
Well that's absolutely not true IMO. Don't forget that he needs to get the weapons first, and he can lose them as well. Willy the Kid starts off with a Volanic that he can't lose. Larry has bigger potential, but needs to do more work. Don't forget that Willy the Kid can also have a volcanic with range for which he only needs one weapon instead of two. Same thing goes for Slab the Killer's ability.
Suzy Lafayette píše:
I use the "original boothill character", why this change?
Uhh, I wasn't aware of any change?
Suzy Lafayette píše:
I can't understand this change, what do you mean? :roll:
There aren't that many green cards, and some of the ones that let you miss something are better off in front of you so you don't have to keep your hand too crowded. I was wondering how I could buff this character but maybe he'll be okay.
Suzy Lafayette píše:
Why do you limit to once per turn? And why do you change the General Store rule? I play Sitting since a lot of time, he is absolutely balanced as it is
You mean, he draws a card whenever he draws an extra card? The text as I put it means you draw a card whenever you play a Wells Fargo, Stagecoach, Pony Express, etc. but also from a Dodge, Bible, Derringer etc. (not from a panic, it only triggers on drawing from the deck). Is this the way you play it, too? I figured if he draws a Wells Fargo it gets really easy to accumulate extra cards in one turn so I put a max of one per turn on it.
Suzy Lafayette píše:
So you add 1 HP (I agree) and limit to "another player" (it could work also the old way)
?
When somebody else plays a Beer, you ma discard a card. If you do so, it's as if you drink a Beer too. What exactly is the question? :p
Suzy Lafayette píše:

With one bang? Is it not to similar to Ambidexter Bo and/or Shotgun Sam?
No, Ambidexter Bo is just a limited Willy the Kid that would need to play two Bang!s, and tbh I hadn't seen Shotgun Sam earlier but he's slightly different since he can only target two people next to each other. Annie Akimbo can simply target two players with one Bang!, as long as both are in range.
Suzy Lafayette píše:
I fear completely unbalanced if you mean he can increase life points to the infinite (with all its consequences)
I'm not sure about this, though you may be right. In that case, he should start with 3 HP. Up to infinity would be necessary though, otherwise he'd be a weaker version of Big Fat Joe in all probability.
Suzy Lafayette píše:
This sounds a very interesting character, practically a "ghost town" character (drawing 2 cards, not 3)... I will try it, and would decide if it counts as normal with Dead Man card... I maybe would prefer it does not count (actually he is not dead). Besides, about the ability of Herb Hunter and Greg Digger (if he is already playing with 0 HP), I would say he does not count as well.

Further specification:

- if he is an Outlaw, one should decide if the 3 cards (for his killing) are taken or not

- imagine he is the Sheriff, he must be dead when he reaches 0 HP or the game never ends with his defeat

EDIT: to semplificate that player I would say "when killed, he comes back to life each turn like a ghost (drawing 2 cards) and he dies at the end of each turn"

in this way:

- it counts as usual for Dead Man
- he will surely use Ghost Town (for one turn he draws 3 cards)
- Herb and Greg abilities works as usual with him
- if he is killed as Outlaw the murderer keeps 3 cards as usual (of course he can die only one time "by other hand")
- if his death is the goal of another player the game ends as usual
When he is killed, all effects that would normally trigger upon his death still occur. Players draw 3 cards for killing him if he's an outlaw, Greg Digger and Herb Hunter still gain life/draw cards, etc. , he is considered "dead" for all rules, except that he can just keep on playing (with all the limitations of having 0 HP and not being able to have cards in front of him). This way, if he's the sheriff, he could technically keep on playing if the game wouldn't end at the sheriff's death. So if you choose Harry as sheriff, you don't have any benefits from this ability (note that our houserules include being able to choose from 2 dealt characters ;) ). Also note that these characters weren't designed to be used with any expansions other than Dodge City, like I said (we find the others boring and unnecessary).
Suzy Lafayette

Chyros píše: Bill Houston: 4 HP - Well that's absolutely not true IMO. Don't forget that he needs to get the weapons first, and he can lose them as well. Willy the Kid starts off with a Volanic that he can't lose. Larry has bigger potential, but needs to do more work. Don't forget that Willy the Kid can also have a volcanic with range for which he only needs one weapon instead of two. Same thing goes for Slab the Killer's ability.
Volcanic with high range is absolutely deadly, I prefer to keep it only as Willy The Kid ability :roll:
Chyros píše: Dynamite Dick: 4 HP - Uhh, I wasn't aware of any change?
The difference is "as his first card". Have a look at the Original Boothill

General Caster: 4 HP
I cant' understand what you mean with "out of his hand", sorry :roll:
Sitting Bull: 4 HP - You mean, he draws a card whenever he draws an extra card? The text as I put it means you draw a card whenever you play a Wells Fargo, Stagecoach, Pony Express, etc. but also from a Dodge, Bible, Derringer etc. (not from a panic, it only triggers on drawing from the deck). Is this the way you play it, too? I figured if he draws a Wells Fargo it gets really easy to accumulate extra cards in one turn so I put a max of one per turn on it.
I play it in the "original" way, it's not unbalanced, it's very hard to get more than 1 extra card per turn anyway. Besides with General Store I don't lay down the extra card, simply I take it.
Duncan Drunkman: When somebody else plays a Beer, you ma discard a card. If you do so, it's as if you drink a Beer too. What exactly is the question? :p
The original Duncan may use the ability even when he drinks the Beer himself. So 1 beer for 1 life point and, if he wants, 1 discarded card for 1 further life point.
Annie Akimbo: 3 HP - No, Ambidexter Bo is just a limited Willy the Kid that would need to play two Bang!s, and tbh I hadn't seen Shotgun Sam earlier but he's slightly different since he can only target two people next to each other. Annie Akimbo can simply target two players with one Bang!, as long as both are in range.
Ok, got it. But I still prefer Shotgun Sam, as I imagine him with a big gun and a big bullet, so big that it hurts two players, next to each other of course. I couldn't explain how to hurt two player far to each other with one bullet :P
Sonny Sloshed: 4 HP - I'm not sure about this, though you may be right. In that case, he should start with 3 HP. Up to infinity would be necessary though, otherwise he'd be a weaker version of Big Fat Joe in all probability.
You could limit it at least about cards in hand (max the starting HP) or he would be a much more powerful version of Sean Mallory, probably just THE character... unlimited lifes & unlimited cards in hand! :shock:

P.S.: Now concentrate yourself on characters images! :wink: 8)

Příspěvek od Guest »

Suzy Lafayette píše:
Chyros píše: Bill Houston: 4 HP - Well that's absolutely not true IMO. Don't forget that he needs to get the weapons first, and he can lose them as well. Willy the Kid starts off with a Volanic that he can't lose. Larry has bigger potential, but needs to do more work. Don't forget that Willy the Kid can also have a volcanic with range for which he only needs one weapon instead of two. Same thing goes for Slab the Killer's ability.
Volcanic with high range is absolutely deadly, I prefer to keep it only as Willy The Kid ability :roll:
That would imply that characters are imbalanced.
Suzy Lafayette píše:
Chyros píše: Dynamite Dick: 4 HP - Uhh, I wasn't aware of any change?
The difference is "as his first card". Have a look at the Original Boothill
Oh, yes. Well, the Dynamite can certainly make a big difference, so IMO it would not be unfair to cost him a card.

Suzy Lafayette píše:
General Caster: 4 HP
I cant' understand what you mean with "out of his hand", sorry :roll:
He doesn't need to put green cards in front of him to play them; he can play them right out of his hand as if they weren't green.
Suzy Lafayette píše:
Duncan Drunkman: When somebody else plays a Beer, you ma discard a card. If you do so, it's as if you drink a Beer too. What exactly is the question? :p
The original Duncan may use the ability even when he drinks the Beer himself. So 1 beer for 1 life point and, if he wants, 1 discarded card for 1 further life point.
Question of taste I reckon but IMO it would be more fun if only Tequila Joe could regain 2 HP from one Beer.

Suzy Lafayette píše:
Sonny Sloshed: 4 HP - I'm not sure about this, though you may be right. In that case, he should start with 3 HP. Up to infinity would be necessary though, otherwise he'd be a weaker version of Big Fat Joe in all probability.
You could limit it at least about cards in hand (max the starting HP) or he would be a much more powerful version of Sean Mallory, probably just THE character... unlimited lifes & unlimited cards in hand! :shock:
That would be a fair nerf, too, I guess :) .
Suzy Lafayette píše:P.S.: Now concentrate yourself on characters images! :wink: 8)
I would probably use the ones on the site since I can't draw people very well. Besides, even if I printed the cards I would not be able to use them since I have no way to hardback them the same way the normal cards are backed (you'd easily see the difference between the original and new cards).
Suzy Lafayette

ok, I got "your" General Caster

about the images I use to search for nice draws from 'google images', typing outlaw, renegade, western and so on

about the cards: I've bought trasparent plastic covers (same measure of credit cards, easy to find)... I use them with the original cards too. I do coloured prints of my new cards and put them into the same covers.

Original and not original cards are really almost equal, the more you are patient the more they get closer :wink:

Příspěvek od Guest »

Suzy Lafayette píše: about the cards: I've bought trasparent plastic covers (same measure of credit cards, easy to find)... I use them with the original cards too. I do coloured prints of my new cards and put them into the same covers.

Original and not original cards are really almost equal, the more you are patient the more they get closer :wink:
Where'd you get that kind of cover? You know, with the lined plastic?
Suzy Lafayette

Chyros píše:Where'd you get that kind of cover? You know, with the lined plastic?
In a normal stationery of my town... I mean something like that: the first one on the top left although they are not properly the right measure :roll:

Příspěvek od Guest »

Suzy Lafayette píše:
Chyros píše:Where'd you get that kind of cover? You know, with the lined plastic?
In a normal stationery of my town... I mean something like that: the first one on the top left although they are not properly the right measure :roll:
Ah, deck sleeves. Yes, I suppose I could do that, but it's not as professional as I'd like it, tbh. Still, it opens interesting opportunities, maybe.

I do hope the Bang! design team reads my posts and considers implementing one or more ideas, though :D .
Odpovědět