Bart Cassidy and El Gringo

everything about rules

Moderátoři: lucabil, Suzy Lafayette

Odpovědět
LucHuang

Bart Cassidy and El Gringo

Příspěvek od LucHuang »

Bart Cassidy immediately draws a card from deck each time he loses a life point. If he is about to lose his last life point and use beer, does he "loses one life point and then gain one back" or it's just a simple miss? I tend to interpret it as "lose and then gain back" according to the rule of elimination:

A player hit by a BANG! card may immediately play a Missed! card - even though it is not his turn! - to cancel the shot. If he does not, he loses a life point (he has to register this loss by sliding his character card over a bullet). If he has no more bullets left, i.e. he loses the last life point, he is out of the game, unless he plays immediately a Beer card (see next paragraph). The BANG! card is discarded, even when cancelled.

This can happen also when somebody plays El Gringo, who draws one card from the hand of the attacker if he loses one life point. This may happen rarely, but it did happen last night when I was playing the game. What do you think?
lucabil
Deputy Marshall Sheriff

Příspěvek od lucabil »

This is one the (many) things about the exact timing of the game events, that the official rules don't cover.
So it is up to the play group decide things like that.

In my opinion if the last life is lost, then the player dies and cannot do anything.
This means that the beer "on the flight" does not restore a lost life point but just avoids losing it.
In this perspective Bart and Gringo don't draw cards in your examples.

If you think that the beer on the flight restores the last life point, then you admit that there's a period of time with the player at 0 life, but still alive.
For Bart and El Gringo this could mean thay could draw a beer, then discard it and be safe.
This would be funny indeed, but I think is not in the spirit of the rules.
Suzy Lafayette

Příspěvek od Suzy Lafayette »

There's an official FAQ about

Q18. Does Burt Cassidy or El Gringo draw a card when he loses his last life point – so if it’s a Beer, they can save themselves?
A. No, if they lose their last life point without a Beer in their hand, they are dead. However, if Burt Cassidy plays immediately a Beer card from the hand, saving himself and remaining alive, he will be able to draw the card due to the lost life point.
LucHuang

Příspěvek od LucHuang »

Thanks!

Now I know it's already mentioned in the FAQ (I guess I search "Bart" against the FAQ, while that gentleman is named "Burt" and I found nothing :oops: . The "Cards" pages uses "Bart" while the FAQ uses "Burt" ) So, if that happens, El Gringo draws one card from the attacker. Am I correct?
Suzy Lafayette

Příspěvek od Suzy Lafayette »

LucHuang píše:So, if that happens, El Gringo draws one card from the attacker. Am I correct?
If you haven't a Beer already in your hands you are dead, and you cannot take cards as you are simply dead! :P
If you have a Beer already in your hands, using it you are safe from death and you activate the ability of El Gringo (or Bart Cassidy).
Odpovědět