Talking During the Game

everything about rules

Moderators: lucabil, Suzy Lafayette

Talking During the Game

Postby Anonymous » 16 Apr 2006, 02:11

Is it legal for the Sherrif to issue "orders" (eg You must shoot clockwise or I know you're not the deputy) or does that negate the spirit of the rule answered in FAQ answer to question #1?
Anonymous

Re: Talking During the Game

Postby srab » 17 Apr 2006, 06:54

Handle wrote:Is it legal for the Sherrif to issue "orders" (eg You must shoot clockwise or I know you're not the deputy) or does that negate the spirit of the rule answered in FAQ answer to question #1?

You can talk, but not about characters or about strategy.
Cause you can see the roles in the way they play card with regard to sheriff.
srab
Site Sherif

Postby bonz » 28 May 2006, 18:05

I think you can talk about anything, but you must not reveal your role and show your handcards.
bonz

Postby c3le » 20 Aug 2007, 19:44

bonz wrote:I think you can talk about anything, but you must not reveal your role and show your handcards.

but a BIG part of the fun is that people don't talk or even subtly hint their roles/strategy. Not knowing who whom is makes it so much more interesting!

Of course, being an outlaw always suggest that the sheriff shoots the other people ;)
c3le

Postby zpeterz63 » 20 Aug 2007, 21:23

People can always lie. Part of the charm is that you don't know who someone is until the card is finally turned over when they're dead. You can claim to be the deputy if you're an outlaw or the renegade. That doesn't mean you are. I say, talk as much as you want.
zpeterz63

Postby c3le » 21 Aug 2007, 05:01

But the thing is, even with a larger group the roles can be easily predicted, even after a few rounds. At least I can. :D
c3le

Return to Rules