Burt Cassidy 18
Calamity Janet 21
El Gringo 23, 25
Lucky Duke 30
Slab the Killer 20, 22
Suzy Lafayette 22, 24, 25
Vulture Sam 14, 19

Q1. Can players talk during the game?
A. Of course! That’s one of the most amusing aspects of the game. However, players cannot ask questions directly related to the playing of the cards (e.g. they cannot ask the Sheriff if they can play a Gatling).

Q2. How does the Gatling exactly works?
A. The Gatling shoots all other players, regardless of their distance, with a BANG!. This shot can be cancelled as usual, with a Missed! card or by means of a successfully triggered Barrel effect.

Q3. Can I play a BANG! if I have already played a Gatling in the same turn?
A. Yes. Even if the two cards have similar effects, the Gatling is not a BANG! card.

Q4. Can I choose a player at a distance greater than 1 when playing a Panic! card if I have a Weapon card in play?
A. No. Weapons don’t change the distance between players: they simply allow to reach more distant players with a BANG! card. However, cards which actually modify the distance (e.g. Horse and Appaloosa, and the ability of characters like Rose Doolan and Paul Regret) must be considered in these situations.

Q5. Can I have Horse and Appaloosa both in play at the same time?
A. Yes: they don’t share the same name.

Q6. Can I play a BANG! if I used one or more BANG! cards in the same turn because of a Duel?
A. Yes. The BANG! cards used for the Duel are not counted because they are “discarded”, not “played”.

Q7. When a player is eliminated, in which order his cards are put in the discard pile?
A. The player being eliminated chooses the order.

Q8. Can I affect “role” or “character” cards in some way?
A. No! “Role” and “Character” cards are never affected during the game by any card.

Q9. What is the exact effect of Saloon?
A. The overall effect is that anyone still in play regains one life point.

Q10. Can I play a Saloon if I am losing my last life point?
A. No. Unlike Beer, Saloon can be played only during step 2 of your turn, and only if you are capable of playing cards. For example, if you lose your last life point after a Duel in your turn, you are eliminated before you could use Saloon.

Q11. If I am eliminated, do I regain a life point when someone else plays Saloon?
A. Of course not! When it says “all other players” it means “all other players still alive”.

Q12. Can I voluntarily discard my cards?
A. No, neither cards from your hand nor cards in play in front of you. Only the character Sid Ketchum can discard exactly 2 cards when he chooses so to regain one life point.

Q13. Can I play a card while the effect of another one is not yet terminated (e.g. play a Panic! while that player is choosing which card to draw for a General Store)?
A. No. Before playing any card you must wait for the previous one to end all its effects.

Q14. If the Dynamite explodes eliminating a player, does the character Vulture Sam draw the Dynamite along with all other cards of the player eliminated?
A. No. To complete the effect of the Dynamite you have to discard it after it explodes. So when Vulture Sam gets all the cards of the player killed, the Dynamite is already in the discard pile.

Q15. Can a Jailed player play a Beer in his turn?
A. Only if he is losing his last life point (for example, if he is hit by a Dynamite). Anyone who is in the Jail must skip phases 1 and 2 of his turn and thus he cannot normally play cards in his turn.

Q16. Can I cancel a BANG! with a Barrel in my hand?
A. No. The Barrel can have effect only if it is already in play. It is of little use in hand.

Q17. Can I play a Beer if I am at full life points?
A. Yes: the Beer will simply have no effect at all.

Q18. Does Burt Cassidy draw a card when he loses his last life point?
A. Only if he plays immediately a Beer card, saving himself and remaining alive to draw the card.

Q19. If Vulture Sam eliminates a Deputy, as a Sheriff, does he discard all his cards before or after getting the cards of the Deputy just eliminated?
A. First Vulture Sam gets all the cards from the Deputy just eliminated. Then, he discards all of his cards (which now include the cards just obtained from the Deputy).

Q20. How many Missed! cards are required to cancel a Gatling played by Slab the Killer?
A. Only one. The special ability of Slab the Killer applies to BANG! cards only.

Q21. Can Calamity Janet play Missed! cards during a Duel as if they were BANG! cards? A. Yes.

Q22. Slab the Killer plays a BANG! against Suzy Lafayette, who has a Missed! as her last card. After Suzy Lafayette played the Missed!, can she draw a card when she remains with no cards in hand (and hopefully play another Missed!) before the shot hits her?
A. Yes.

Q23. If El Gringo plays a Duel and lose, can he draw a card from the player who won the Duel?
A. No: El Gringo draws a card from the player who played the card which caused the life point loss. But since the Duel was played by El Gringo himself, his ability is not triggered.

Q24. If Suzy Lafayette plays a Duel, which is her last card, can she draw another one before the Duel ends?
A. No, she must wait until the end of the Duel.

Q25. What if Suzy Lafayette hits El Gringo with her last card?
A. When El Gringo loses his life point, Suzy Lafayette draws a card because she has no cards in his hand. Then, El Gringo draws that card from Suzy Lafayette. Now Suzy Lafayette is again with no cards in hand, so she draws another card.

Q26. If an Outlaw plays a Duel and loses, does the player who won the Duel draw the 3 cards reward?
A. No. The reward goes to the player who played the card which was responsible of the elimination of the Outlaw. But since that card was played by the Outlaw himself, no one can gain the reward.

Q27. What happens when a player forgets to apply the effect of a card (e.g. a Barrel) or an ability of his character?
A. Remember that some abilities and effects are not mandatory (for example the ability of Jourdonnais). Anyway, if a players forgets to apply some effect, he can still correct his behaviour before the next card is played. After that time, the game is considered carried over regularly and he cannot do anything about it.

Q28. Can I use Panic! or Mistress on cards in play?
A. Of course yes. You can play the Mistress on a card in an opponent’s hand (randomly choosing which card to pick) or on any one card in play, at your choice. The same for Panic!, with the following differences: you can target only cards of a player at distance 1, and the card you choose goes in your hand even if it was already in play. When that card is in your hand, you can play it as any other card.

Q29. Is it mandatory to play a Dynamite when someone draws it from the deck?
A. Absolutely not.

Q30. Can I “draw!” more than once in the same situation?
A. No, it would be too simple… When you are required to “draw”, you can do this only once except if you are Lucky Duke, who draws two cards and chooses the one to consider for the effect (both are discarded, though).

Q31. Is it mandatory to discard a BANG! card (if possible) when someone else plays Injuns?
A. Although the rulebook states that when another player plays the Injuns!, you are forced to discard a BANG! card if you have one, actually it is not mandatory: you can always choose whether to discard the BANG! or lose one life point. However, in very few situations you will choose the latter option.
Naposledy upravil(a) srab dne 01 říj 2006, 08:09, celkem upraveno 1 x.
Anonymous

hello

Příspěvek od Anonymous »

Take care of it and keep it on the road!
Anonymous

hello

Příspěvek od Anonymous »

Hi! Guys how you manage to make such perfect sites? Good fellows!
srab
Site Sherif
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Příspěvek od srab »

I try to manage everything :)
occipitallobe

Příspěvek od occipitallobe »

"Q12. Can I voluntarily discard my cards? A. No, neither cards from your hand nor cards in play in front of you. Only the character Sid Ketchum can discard exactly 3 cards when he chooses so to regain one life point. "

I bought my game in Italy, and it says I can discard 2 cards to regain one life point for Sid Ketchum. Is this a misprint or are there different versions of Bang! in different countries? I am interested because of my desire to have the game as balanced as possible. Thanks!
srab
Site Sherif
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Příspěvek od srab »

I think that is misprint , in czech version is 2 cards and in english version is 2 cards too.
occipitallobe

Příspěvek od occipitallobe »

I appreciate the quick response, great site! Keep up the good work.
srab
Site Sherif
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Příspěvek od srab »

Thanks a lot :oops: . Can i have a question :) , what does your nickname mean :) ?

Příspěvek od Guest »

Great FAQ, and great site. Very informative.

I have an issue that was raised when I and three friends played last night.

Does the "Cat Balou" card apply to *all* cards in play in front of any player (including themselves?). An outlaw was in jail, and the other outlaw had a Cat card, and they were wondering if they could play the Cat card to spring the other outlaw from jail.

After looking around at rules and exceptions, it would appear to me that the outlaw *could* play the Cat card, but as it wasn't expressly discussed in the rules, I wanted to get the opinion of someone a bit more experienced.

Thanks again for maintaining such a great site.

Stay orange.
--JW
srab
Site Sherif
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Příspěvek od srab »

Jinky Williams píše:Great FAQ, and great site. Very informative.

I have an issue that was raised when I and three friends played last night.

Does the "Cat Balou" card apply to *all* cards in play in front of any player (including themselves?). An outlaw was in jail, and the other outlaw had a Cat card, and they were wondering if they could play the Cat card to spring the other outlaw from jail.

After looking around at rules and exceptions, it would appear to me that the outlaw *could* play the Cat card, but as it wasn't expressly discussed in the rules, I wanted to get the opinion of someone a bit more experienced.

Thanks again for maintaining such a great site.

Stay orange.
--JW
Thx, we can use Cat Balou or Panic to free somebody from Jail, you can use the Jail card to anybody else. It is funny :)

Příspěvek od Guest »

Sweet Mother of Ghandi, but that was fast.

Thanks for the speedy reply.

Stay orange.
--JW
srab
Site Sherif
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Příspěvek od srab »

:twisted: :!: :arrow: :idea: GANJAAAA
Im sitting behind the computer almost hole day , minus hours to sleep :)
You have nice blog too :), just now im sorting files on hdd, in workspace for websites is about 15 gb files about 150 000 files, lol lol , Corel files with source code :(( , thats all what i want to say :!:

Příspěvek od Guest »

Alright, here's a question. Can I ever reveal my role card? If I can't, what is the penalty for revealing the role card? Supposing I'm a deputy, and the Sheriff is about to kill me because he's sure I'm an outlaw, would it ever be a strategic move to reveal my character card?
lucabil
Deputy Marshall Sheriff

Příspěvek od lucabil »

In a tournament you would be disqualified, I think.
The rules do not allow to do that, so what happens if you do something the rules do not allow?
You could ask: what is the penalty if I draw seven cards instead of two in my first phase?
You just don't have to.

The playgroup should avoid that to happen and if that happens, the game ends with no winner ... and a loser!
or ... better ...
who did that, is kept in front of the television watching at the complete series of Teletubbies while the others play with roles well hidden. :-)
srab
Site Sherif
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Příspěvek od srab »

lucabil píše:In a tournament you would be disqualified, I think.
The rules do not allow to do that, so what happens if you do something the rules do not allow?
You could ask: what is the penalty if I draw seven cards instead of two in my first phase?
You just don't have to.

The playgroup should avoid that to happen and if that happens, the game ends with no winner ... and a loser!
or ... better ...
who did that, is kept in front of the television watching at the complete series of Teletubbies while the others play with roles well hidden. :-)
Nicely punishment, i recommend all episodes of Dallas :twisted:
Odpovědět