Lasso and Judge

all about this expansion

Moderátoři: lucabil, Suzy Lafayette

Odpovědět
Jim

Lasso and Judge

Příspěvek od Jim »

My group had a situation occur with Jail and Lasso.

Situation: I was given the Jail card, then the Lasso card came into play.

1st question...
When it gets to be my turn, does Jail get played and discarded? (with no effect, it would then allow for my turn)

2nd question...
Or does Jail stay in place until the next round when it would be able to take effect?

My thought is, Jail gets played but simply has no effect (as the Lasso card states). But does Lasso go so far as to "freeze" all cards in front of everyone?

This same question could be posed for Dynamite during Lasso.

Also, the Judge card (not sure if its from AFOC or High Noon) states "cannot play cards in front of yourself or any other player". This goes further to my thought that Lasso still allows the playing of Jail but with no effect. But during Judge the card stays in place. Am I right on this?

3rd question...
Whether it stays because of Lasso or Judge... When it gets to be my turn, can I Cat Balou or Panic the Jail card or Dynamite card in front of me?
lucabil
Deputy Marshall Sheriff

Příspěvek od lucabil »

With Lasso, Jail and Dynamite are ignored (as they were not in front of you). They will be taken into account on the next turn, normally.

The judge is about playing a card, that is, in case of Jail, to move the Jail from your hand in front of another player.

I think Panic and Cat Balou could be used on one of your cards.
The symbol on Cat Balou means "any player".
The symbol on Panic means "any player at distance 1 or less".
So ... why not.
But on this I wouldn't swear.
Jim

Příspěvek od Jim »

So during Judge, if I already have a Barrell down, does it still work? Based on your answer, I'm thinking it does.

Also, what about using Panic or Cat Balou on someones card they have in front of them during Judge? Is this allowable?
lucabil
Deputy Marshall Sheriff

Příspěvek od lucabil »

The barrell works because you just use it, you don't play it.

Panic and cat Balou (and the like) work because you don't put them in front of a player.

Judge is about putting a blue or green card from your hand into play.
Jim

Příspěvek od Jim »

What about Dynamite that is already in play? If you don't blow up from it during Judge, can you pass it on? Or does it need to stay in front of you til the next round?
lucabil
Deputy Marshall Sheriff

Příspěvek od lucabil »

During Judge, the Dynamite works normally, you draw, maybe it blows, otherwise it moves.
During Lasso you ignore it (no draw, no blow, no move) and it will be checked on next table round.
Sparhawk13

dynamite during judge

Příspěvek od Sparhawk13 »

are u sure about that ? cause during the JUDGE u cannot play card in front of other players, so if u check dynamite and it doesn't blow are u really allowed to pass the dynamite to other player ? cause i think the judge forbids this.
Suzy Lafayette

Re: dynamite during judge

Příspěvek od Suzy Lafayette »

Sparhawk13 píše:are u sure about that ? cause during the JUDGE u cannot play card in front of other players, so if u check dynamite and it doesn't blow are u really allowed to pass the dynamite to other player ? cause i think the judge forbids this.
Of course you can :wink:

The meaning is: you play a card only once when you put into play.
No matter if in the following turns there are Lasso, Judge or what you want. If you played Dynamite or Jail in a no-Judge turn you have finished your work.

A Dynamite played is not "yours" anymore, it continues to move following the mechanics of the game, it's not by chance if a (Outlaw) player dies because of the Dynamite, you don't pick up any card.
Sparhawk13

Příspěvek od Sparhawk13 »

yeah you're right. thanx
Odpovědět