Sermon

all about this expansion

Moderátoři: lucabil, Suzy Lafayette

Odpovědět
Jim

Sermon

Příspěvek od Jim »

Can Doc Holyday use his ability of discarding two cards from his hand to play a Bang during Sermn? (Sermon does not allow anyone to play a Bang card during that round)

Initially, my friends and I think he can as long as neither one of the two cards are a Bang card. Are we correct on this?
srab
Site Sherif
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Re: Sermon

Příspěvek od srab »

[quote:4995b1873b="Jim"]Can Doc Holyday use his ability of discarding two cards from his hand to play a Bang during Sermn? (Sermon does not allow anyone to play a Bang card during that round)

Initially, my friends and I think he can as long as neither one of the two cards are a Bang card. Are we correct on this?[/quote:4995b1873b]

No you cannot , cause FAQ for Hign Noon, it is same like with Calamity Janet http://www.bang.cz/download/faq/FAQ_HighNoon_ENG.pdf
kdoub

Příspěvek od kdoub »

The Bang rules are really really bad when it comes to playing versus discarding but its pretty clear these are two different actions.

So yes, Doc can use his ability to shoot during Sermon.

Sermon does say you can not use bang cards during your turn so the discarded cards can not be bang cards.
Jim

Příspěvek od Jim »

OK, who's right? Srab seems right in that the faq seems to say that Doc can't use his ability. But Kdoub also seems right in what we were thinking that Doc CAN use his ability as long as he doesn't use Bang cards.

Also, what about cards like Buffalo Rifle and Punch? I assume those CAN be used during Sermon. Am I right?
lucabil
Deputy Marshall Sheriff

Příspěvek od lucabil »

Unfortunately, very often Bang rules are not so formally correct to have a definitive answer ... anyway here I agree with kdoub.

To play a card and to discard a card are two different things.

Moreover a to play a Bang Card is different from having a Bang effect.
Doc's rules say
"he can discard any two cards from his hand for the effect of a BANG! card"
The word "card" is not correct. There's no such word in italian rules. So they are talking about a Bang effect.

In fact the answer to one of your question (Punch etc.) is yes: during Sermon you can play any card with Bang effects other than the Bang card.

So you can easily see that there's no problem to discard two cards to have a Bang effect during Sermon. And it doesn't matter if one or both are Bang Cards because they are not played, they are discarded.
Emiliano
Marshall Sheriff

Příspěvek od Emiliano »

I confirm what lucabil said.
Odpovědět