Discard another card symbol

from BANG! to last Beer

Moderátoři: lucabil, Suzy Lafayette

Odpovědět
NeptuneAnime

Discard another card symbol

Příspěvek od NeptuneAnime »

When playing cards with the "Discard another card symbol" like tequila, do the cards have to be discarded in order? I discarded a beer on top of the ragtime I wanted to use so my opponent (2 player game) could not use Pedro's ability to pick up the ragtime, but my opponent vehemently opposed that I could play them in that order (we continued as played however)
Suzy Lafayette

Příspěvek od Suzy Lafayette »

You were absolutely right! :wink:

The order is fix and is:
1) the played card (Rag Time)
2) the discarded card (Beer)

so Pedro could never take the Rag Time... 8)
NeptuneAnime

Příspěvek od NeptuneAnime »

Can Suzy play a whiskey as her last card, get another card, and then discard that card to get the effect of whiskey?
Suzy Lafayette

[quote:1c1a364c5d="NeptuneAnime"]Can Suzy play a whiskey as her last card, get another card, and then discard that card to get the effect of whiskey?[/quote:1c1a364c5d]

Nope, if the Whisky is the last card in hand she cannot use it, like any other player.
She needs a last but one card to discard with, and then uses the ability
c3le

Příspěvek od c3le »

Suzy Lafayette píše:You were absolutely right! :wink:

The order is fix and is:

Can you please show us the official ruling? I thought the order does not really matter. It's like when a person dies (and Pedro is in play next), the dead person can choose the order in which he places the cards in the discard pile, right?
Suzy Lafayette

c3le píše:
Suzy Lafayette píše:You were absolutely right! :wink:

The order is fix and is:

Can you please show us the official ruling? I thought the order does not really matter. It's like when a person dies (and Pedro is in play next), the dead person can choose the order in which he places the cards in the discard pile, right?
This last sentence is right.

About the order in the previous case, easy answer: you cannot discard the second card in any case if you don't play firstly the Whisky, Rag etc. !! :wink:
c3le

Příspěvek od c3le »

Suzy Lafayette píše: About the order in the previous case, easy answer: you cannot discard the second card in any case if you don't play firstly the Whisky, Rag etc. !! :wink:
Again, that is what you are telling. We've always played that it doesn't matter so I could say otherwise 8)

Since the Whiskeys etc. cards are so called "dual cards" anyway, why would the order matter?
Suzy Lafayette

Of course it's what I think. You can believe me or not.

The discarding order is obviously chosen by player, even when dying.
Again obviously you choose the playing order of the cards (the player is... you).

About card-type "discard another card": you are not playing two cards, you are playing 1 card (Rag Time) and discarding 1 card with it.

There is a big difference, for example during Abandoned Mine the 2nd card goes on the top of the deck.

If you don't play the hypotetical Rag Time you cannot discard the other card (we are in phase 2 not 3), so really I don't need anything more to get the correct order, but if you prefer Emiliano to answer you I hope one day he will surf this forum again :wink:

BTW if you read the Official Rule you should trust me easier:

"Il simbolo “in piů scarta una cartaâ€
c3le

Příspěvek od c3le »

Suzy Lafayette píše:Of course it's what I think. You can believe me or not.

Again obviously you choose the playing order of the cards (the player is... you).
Isn't this just what I was going after? The player chooses the order of the cards!
Suzy Lafayette píše: About card-type "discard another card": you are not playing two cards, you are playing 1 card (Rag Time) and discarding 1 card with it.
You are right, you play the "Rag Time" etc. card and then discard a card along with it. But again, who is to tell in which order?
Suzy Lafayette píše: There is a big difference, for example during Abandoned Mine the 2nd card goes on the top of the deck.
I don't know the Abandoned Mine card (I don't have the expansion) but as said earlier, with Pedro it makes a big difference as well..
Suzy Lafayette píše: If you don't play the hypotetical Rag Time you cannot discard the other card (we are in phase 2 not 3), so really I don't need anything more to get the correct order, but if you prefer Emiliano to answer you I hope one day he will surf this forum again :wink:
Yes I would like to have his opinion :) But your underlined/emphasized sentence doesn't really make sense to me? :P

Suzy Lafayette píše: BTW if you read the Official Rule you should trust me easier:

Suzy Lafayette

There's none so deaf as those who will not hear :lol:
c3le píše:
Suzy Lafayette píše:About card-type "discard another card": you are not playing two cards, you are playing 1 card (Rag Time) and discarding 1 card with it

[...]

If you don't play the hypotetical Rag Time you cannot discard the other card (we are in phase 2 not 3)
...your underlined/emphasized sentence doesn't really make sense to me? :P
It means:

[During turn - phase 2]

1) to play Rag Time (allowed by rules)
2) to discard 2nd card (required by rules)

is OK

1) to discard 2nd card (not allowed by rules)
2) ...

is NOT OK

imvho
ScoutMan

Příspěvek od ScoutMan »

[quote="Suzy Lafayette"]Of course it's what I think. You can believe me or not.

About card-type "discard another card": you are not playing two cards, you are playing 1 card (Rag Time) and discarding 1 card with it.

There is a big difference, for example during Abandoned Mine the 2nd card goes on the top of the deck.

If you don't play the hypotetical Rag Time you cannot discard the other card (we are in phase 2 not 3), so really I don't need anything more to get the correct order, but if you prefer Emiliano to answer you I hope one day he will surf this forum again :wink:

BTW if you read the Official Rule you should trust me easier:

Suzy Lafayette

ScoutMan píše: In the English translation (in the Bullet at least) it says: "THE ‘DISCARD ANOTHER CARD’ SYMBOL
Some of the cards show this new symbol, followed by an
equal sign and other symbols. In order to have the effect(s)
shown after the equal sign, you must discard this card along
with any other card of your choice from your hand."
Yes, the english translation is wrong.

If you "google translate" the italian rule that I posted before you get this:
"Some cards carry this new symbol, followed by an equal sign and other symbols. To achieve the effect shown after the same, you play the card and more discard another card from the hand of your choice".

During phase 2 the cards are always 'played' and never 'discarded' except few cases (like this) but just because of played cards (another example is Bang! discarded during a -played- Duel)
ScoutMan

Příspěvek od ScoutMan »

Thank you for clarifing that!

Another question: If Abandoned Mine is in effect and you drew from the discard pile, the first card (the "played" card) goes to the discard pile and the second (the "discarded" card) goes to the draw pile, right?
Suzy Lafayette

[quote:92ff76870b="ScoutMan"]Thank you for clarifing that!

Another question: If Abandoned Mine is in effect and you drew from the discard pile, the first card (the "played" card) goes to the discard pile and the second (the "discarded" card) goes to the draw pile, right?[/quote:92ff76870b]

right!
Odpovědět