cat balou on yourself

from BANG! to last Beer

Moderátoři: lucabil, Suzy Lafayette

c3le

cat balou on yourself

Příspěvek od c3le »

Can you cat balou a hand card from yourself, from the [i:7a9f50d6b8]hand[/i:7a9f50d6b8] ? Or panic a card from yourself, from the [i:7a9f50d6b8]hand[/i:7a9f50d6b8]?
lucabil
Deputy Marshall Sheriff

Příspěvek od lucabil »

You can't play Panic! or Cat Balou (or the like) on yourself.

... but you know what?! ... As far as I know this rule appears nowhere.
c3le

Příspěvek od c3le »

Well, yea, we've played it that you can't Panic! yourself (illogical) but you could Cat Balou yourself but only take a card from the table, that is you couldn't Cat Balou yourself and take a card from your own hand...

...so there's no official coverage on this?
Jim

Příspěvek od Jim »

We have played that you can Cat Balou a Jail card or a Dynamite that is in front of you during Lasso. If the round is not Lasso, then you don't have a chance to do so. Besides that, when and why would you do that?
c3le

Příspěvek od c3le »

First of all, we don't use any other expansions except for the DC. Secondly, JÅ‘se Dilghado (or what's-his-name) could panic his own gun/horse/whatever and draw two cards.

Or Suzy has a cat balou and missed card in her hand. She uses cat balou to remove his missed card --> draw a card (she has no cards) --> insane combo until you get a missed card.

See my point here?
Emiliano
Marshall Sheriff

Příspěvek od Emiliano »

The truth is, [b:43845d4580]you can legally play Cat Balou and Panic on yourself![/b:43845d4580]
However, you cannot play Bang! on yourself...
lucabil
Deputy Marshall Sheriff

Příspěvek od lucabil »

I gave my answer because of something I read somewhere else.

This thing is interesting because it opens up funny strategies and it fits well in the rules.

It's a pity that it does not match the behaviour of Bangs (you can't shoot yourself), and maybe it does not make much sense from a flavor point of view (auto Panic? :-)).

Anyway. You are th WORD! ;-)
Emiliano
Marshall Sheriff

Příspěvek od Emiliano »

As I said, the "no-killing-yourself" rule is the official one to prevent unfairy behaviours in tournaments.
However, if you sure to play with fair people, you can allow self-shot, which adds strategic elements to the game as well (think of Bart Cassidy, for example).
c3le

Příspěvek od c3le »

Does this mean if I have a mustang + hideout in play I can't panic myself? Since I am at distance 2 now? (being distance 0 with no modifiers)

Or that Paul Regret can't panic himself if he has one card with +1 in play?
Emiliano
Marshall Sheriff

Příspěvek od Emiliano »

No, You are always at distance 1 from you.
lucabil
Deputy Marshall Sheriff

Příspěvek od lucabil »

[quote:36e07c093a="Emiliano"]No, You are always at distance 1 from you.[/quote:36e07c093a]

Or maybe distance 0 ...

Příspěvek od Guest »

Hmmmm...........i always thought that it wasn't legal to cat balou oneself as it could open up possibly unfair tactics that certain characters can use to their advantage. But it is an interesting notion.....maybe we should compile a list of the wackiest things you can do with this rule.
c3le

Příspěvek od c3le »

...so when I would cat balou myself...can I choose which card to remove or how does this work? Same goes for panic.

Then again, in my group we house-ruled that you can cat balou/panic on yourself only if you use it to remove/take a card from play, not from your hand.
Emiliano
Marshall Sheriff

Příspěvek od Emiliano »

When you play Panic! or Cat Balou on yourself:
- if you choose a card in hand, you have to randomly choose one of yours (shuffle them and pick one face down);
- otherwise, choose freely any card in play in front of yourself.
Suzy Lafayette

Příspěvek od Suzy Lafayette »

[quote:ff94f2033a="Emiliano"]No, You are always at distance 1 from you.[/quote:ff94f2033a]

What about the 2-players variant game... can I use Panic!/Cat Balou with my active character to take a card from my passive one? Distance 1?
And if my passive character is Paul Regret, distance 2?
Odpovědět