Vera Custer: Farce or Must?

from Apache to Willy

Moderátoři: lucabil, Suzy Lafayette

Odpovědět

Vera Custer: Farce or Must?

Příspěvek od Guest »

Hi guys, i've heard my fair share of complaints or compliments on this debatable character. Some argue that she's too powerful, while others say she adds a balance and a new dimension to the game. And that's just from my cell group of about 15 members! I'm currently neutral at the moment but I'd like to hear your grievances and/or praises for this character.
lucabil
Deputy Marshall Sheriff

Příspěvek od lucabil »

Vera is indeed a strong character, but I never found her unbalanced.

In my experience Vera has 3 "modes".

1) start of the game: you choose what is generally considered the best character (among the ones in play). This is an advantage, because you can choose, but it is not bound to particular purposes, so it is not so devastating. Well, if Jose delgado and its mirror are on the same side some devastation is coming but this is not so common.

2) middle game: this is the phase where Vera can give her best. You can start picking this or that ability each turn, when the moves start to be really important.

3) face to face: here Vera has no choice, so no advantage.

As a matter of fact I'm never so happy when I'm Vera, I prefer to have a special ability that gives a certain direction to game ... but this is just my feeling.

Příspěvek od Guest »

You know dude, i really agree with you. What's the point of having 3 health, when sometimes all the characters u can choose have 4? And sometimes u make the wrong move, and get killed or luck out and blown up by the dynamite, which is why i prefer all the other 3 health characters to her. But if played right, she can be a devastating character.
c3le

Příspěvek od c3le »

...especially when Suzy Lafayette is in play, then Vera becomes one tough chick to defeat.

That's why I always never choose Vera if I'm one of the last ones to start, since having no ability AND only 3 hit points...major drawback.

Příspěvek od Guest »

I find Vera a very powerful character, especially in games of 6+ players.

This is what I did: be Calamity Janet until you get a lot of bangs, they you can start targeting people using Willy or Slab. When dynamite's out, be Lucky Duke or Kit Carlson. When jail's out, you can do the most annoying thing possible if an enemy is between you and Pedro Ramirez. Both of you can make sure he never gets out.

At the end of the game, this is what happened. My Vice, Pat Brennan, and Vera who took pat brennan's power basically stripped the other outlaws during the card "A fistful of cards." Neither of then had to suffer the draw. And then just let fistful do its work.

This might have been a quite different story with Sid Ketchum, but he wasn't in play.
Suzy Lafayette

Příspěvek od Suzy Lafayette »

airad2 píše: At the end of the game, this is what happened. My Vice, Pat Brennan, and Vera who took pat brennan's power basically stripped the other outlaws during the card "A fistful of cards." Neither of then had to suffer the draw. And then just let fistful do its work.
Stealing the Outlaws a couple of (active) hats? :roll:
Odpovědět