Suzy Lafayette - part II

from Apache to Willy

Moderátoři: lucabil, Suzy Lafayette

srab
Site Sherif
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Příspěvek od srab »

You are right Emiliano is Emiliano Sciarra, the great inventor of BANG!
c3le

Příspěvek od c3le »

Emiliano píše: Why Suzy can draw against Slab, then?
Because, technically speaking, the effect of the Bang! card is already over. The fact that you can play Missed! cards is a game rule, not a card rule (otherwise you could not use Barrel, Hat and similar cards against Bang!).

Emiliano
I am not saying the creator of this game would be wrong. I just feel that people can really argue how the cards are resolved. My argument is that when Slab shoots Suzy holding one card, although the Bang! - effect is already over, Slab's ability isn't, and Suzy has to do (or doesn't, at which point she loses 1 life) do something about it. Having only one missed card (let's assume she does) doesn't let her "counter" Slab's ability, which requires two missed! - cards.
lucabil
Deputy Marshall Sheriff

Příspěvek od lucabil »

c3le, as I already wrote I agree with you ... but we have to accept that the CREATOR decided that this would be an exception
the fact that you used the word "counter" lets me think that you're accustomed with other card games maybe 8)

Let's say in this case "the card wins on the rules" ... does this remind something to you?
c3le

Příspěvek od c3le »

lucabil píše:c3le, as I already wrote I agree with you ... but we have to accept that the CREATOR decided that this would be an exception
the fact that you used the word "counter" lets me think that you're accustomed with other card games maybe 8)

Let's say in this case "the card wins on the rules" ... does this remind something to you?
Heh, first of all, I just feel an open discussion could rise. Clearly, the rules (and thus the creator) say one thing, should we just blindly follow? Again, I am not trying to anger or "troll" about this topic; isn't this a good and healthy way to start a discussion whether this "exception" is/was the proper way to handle this rather unique situation between Slab and Suzy? Thirdly, yes, I have played other card games as well, but it was a long time ago :wink:

Of course, if I correctly recall, someone said that "a simple game in its essence becomes rather difficult when many rules are applied at the same time" or something like that.

Fourthly, no, "the card wins on the rules" does not remind me of...well, anything. Feel like collaborating?

:)

PS. Fifthly, clearly, even though the game doesn't directly say it (or does it?), even in Bang! cards are resolved in an order, hence, "stacking" does/might apply in some situations, which make it sometimes rather confusing of what would/should happen next.

I feel like rambling again. But damn, it feels good! :D
srab
Site Sherif
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Příspěvek od srab »

c3le píše:
lucabil píše:c3le, as I already wrote I agree with you ... but we have to accept that the CREATOR decided that this would be an exception

Heh, first of all, I just feel an open discussion could rise. Clearly, the rules (and thus the creator) say one thing, should we just blindly follow? Again, I am not trying to anger or "troll" about this topic; isn't this a good and healthy way to start a discussion whether this "exception" is/was the proper way to handle this rather unique situation between Slab and Suzy? Thirdly, yes, I have played other card games as well, but it was a long time ago :wink:

Of course, if I correctly recall, someone said that "a simple game in its essence becomes rather difficult when many rules are applied at the same time" or something like that.

Fourthly, no, "the card wins on the rules" does not remind me of...well, anything. Feel like collaborating?

PS. Fifthly, clearly, even though the game doesn't directly say it (or does it?), even in Bang! cards are resolved in an order, hence, "stacking" does/might apply in some situations, which make it sometimes rather confusing of what would/should happen next.

Conclusion fo c3le, BANG! is wonderful game and it is only up to you or your "cowboy friends" at table. You can do with rules everything what you want and that is the powerful side of BANG! .)
c3le

Příspěvek od c3le »

[quote:a34c7472f8="srab"]

Conclusion fo c3le, BANG! is wonderful game [/quote:a34c7472f8]

EXACTLY! :D
lucabil
Deputy Marshall Sheriff

Příspěvek od lucabil »

c3le píše: Heh, first of all, I just feel an open discussion could rise. Clearly, the rules (and thus the creator) say one thing, should we just blindly follow? Again, I am not trying to anger or "troll" about this topic; isn't this a good and healthy way to start a discussion whether this "exception" is/was the proper way to handle this rather unique situation between Slab and Suzy? Thirdly, yes, I have played other card games as well, but it was a long time ago :wink:

Oh yes of course an open discussion is always a good thing :-)
The "final answers" are useful only in tournaments.

I thought you were accustomed to play Magic, and one of the main Rules of that Game says
Whenever a card's text directly contradicts these rules, the card takes precedence.
In our case the Text on the card does not say much, but the author added its own rulings ...

About stacking, if I find some time I'll try to restate Bang rules in more formal way, and submit them to the community (and Emiliano).
The formal correctness will be regarding expecially the timing issues.
Odpovědět