Sid Ketchum

from Apache to Willy

Moderátoři: lucabil, Suzy Lafayette

Suzy Lafayette

Re: Sid Ketchum

Příspěvek od Suzy Lafayette »

nofto píše:What does mean sid Ketchum may "at any time" discard 2 cards from his hand to regain one life point?
I have Bang! 2nd Ed. (italian version) and I can't read "at any time" neither in italian written nor in the english one... :roll:
Rai

Příspěvek od Rai »

Suzy Lafayette píše:
I may be wrong but I never intended in the two-character game one can uses the ability of character-1 in favour of character-2 and viceversa: so if Sid uses his ability he can't give one life point to Chuck.

If you never tried this kind of game, I suggest you to try, tactic rules :wink:
Ah, now. We used to play that form of the two character version, but sometimes it dragged on too long as everyone had too much life. So, we decided to combine the characters so that the player has the life points, and both abilities to use in any combination they wish.

Of course, we've banned some combinations...

Příspěvek od Guest »

well, i have the bullet set with the 3rd edition of the game, but i dont have my cards here right now to see the new text of the card.

I think that the hability of sid ketchum is not that funny than it seems at first time. If you are playing the rules normally, you can't have in your hand more cards than your bullet hit points. If you need a beer in any time, it means that you have not your entire life, and you have lower hand size than normal. If you spend two cards other than beers in his hability, you are surely getting exposed to be hurt again, with the possibility to have discarted missed! cards or bang! cards which could had been used* in a late situation of the round to avoid bangs, indians, gathlings, howitzers and others.

However, we have the rule that Sid Ketchum can't use his hability in a diferent way you can use a normal beer card.

In any case, changing two cards to gain a life point is a great hability, but in my opinion, Sid Ketchum is not the ultimate Bang! character hero of the game.

THANKS FOR READING.

*= im so sorry if i've writted it mistakely, but im not an usual english speaker. Thanks for understanding me.
c3le

Příspěvek od c3le »

Spaghetti Western píše:
In any case, changing two cards to gain a life point is a great hability, but in my opinion, Sid Ketchum is not the ultimate Bang! character hero of the game.
No he's not, Suzy is. But my point is, Sid + 1on1 = epic
Emiliano
Marshall Sheriff

Příspěvek od Emiliano »

Srab (my official Deputy Marshall Sheriff, who maintains this wonderful site about my game :wink: ) is right.
However, let me explain what does it mean "at any time".
You can discard 2 cards from tha hand even outside your turn, [b:d6fa32ca66]provided[/b:d6fa32ca66] there are no "pending effects" still to be resolved.
For example, if someone just played a Panic! on Sid, he cannot use his ability because there is another effect still to be resolved (the Panic!).
Other than that, he is absolutely free to use his ability.
c3le

Příspěvek od c3le »

[quote:4bfccb30a3="Emiliano"]Srab (my official Deputy Marshall Sheriff, who maintains this wonderful site about my game :wink: ) is right.
However, let me explain what does it mean "at any time".
[u:4bfccb30a3]You can discard 2 cards from tha hand even outside your turn, [b:4bfccb30a3]provided[/b:4bfccb30a3] there are no "pending effects" still to be resolved.[/u:4bfccb30a3]
For example, if someone just played a Panic! on Sid, he cannot use his ability because there is another effect still to be resolved (the Panic!).
Other than that, he is absolutely free to use his ability.[/quote:4bfccb30a3]

So let me get this straight. A player shoots a BANG! at Sid, who happens to have 1 life point and 2 cards in his hand. He is about to die, unless he uses the 2 cards to regain 1 life point. Then again, the BANG! effect "is pending", meaning until AFTER the BANG! effect has resolved, he could use the ability but by then he is already dead!

What happens?
Emiliano
Marshall Sheriff

Příspěvek od Emiliano »

Except from when Sid is not implied in other cards' effect, follow the rule that he can use his ability whenever he can legally play a card.

To be more clear, here is what actually happens in a brief example.
You play a Bang! against Sid: Sid may play a Missed! card in response. The effect of the Bang! is now over.
Let us suppose Sid does not play a Missed! being at 1 life point.
Sid would be dead.
But according to the rules, he may play a Beer card to save his life. Having the chance to play a (Beer) card, he can use his ability.
Odpovědět