Tequila Joe question

from Apache to Willy

Moderátoři: lucabil, Suzy Lafayette

Odpovědět
cober

Tequila Joe question

Příspěvek od cober »

If there are only two players left, can Tequila Joe use a beer to regain life? His card says that whenever he drinks a Beer, he regains two life points. I think that overrides the general rule of beers having no effect when only two players are left.
srab
Site Sherif
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Příspěvek od srab »

I have a same opinion! I havent found any clue in FAQ.
lucabil
Deputy Marshall Sheriff

Příspěvek od lucabil »

I think that Tequila CANNOT drink Beers with two players left.

There's really no reason (nothing written anywhere) to think he can.
He just regains two life pointws whenever he drinks.
And he drinks ONLY when the rules allow to do it.

This is my opinion.

Bye
srab
Site Sherif
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Příspěvek od srab »

Lucabil you have right! I had confuse Tequila Joe & Sid Ketchum, sry :) Of course that is not possible to regain life ponts with Beers in two players for Tequila Joe.
But Lucabil you havent right in that he cannot play card Beer in two players , cause in BANG! FAQ is this :
Q33. Can I play a Beer card if there are only two players alive?
A. Yes, but it has no effect at all.

So you can play these cards, but they havent effect.
cober

but..

Příspěvek od cober »

But Tequila Joe's card says that whenever he uses a beer, he gets 2 life instead of 1. And the character cars override the general rules all the time - such as being able to shoot more than one bang/turn or picking up 4 cards instead of 2 per turn, and so on.

So, the Character cards overrule the general rules.

And, to be honest, Tequila Joe has a very lame power - it only applys to beers.
lucabil
Deputy Marshall Sheriff

Příspěvek od lucabil »

Here FAQ 33 makes things complicated.

On one side cober could be right:
FAQ 33 allows to play Beer woth two players
Tequila Joe rules say that when he drinks a beer he regains 2 life points ...

On the other side, Tequila Joe rule say "instead of 1" ... which let us think that the intention of the authors was not to allow Tequila have his effect with two players.

Or, more simply, the author did not think about that at all! (Bang! rules are not so strict as other games ...)

I'm quite convinced that Tequila ability is not to be used with two players, anyway, since Tequila is not so strong (cober is right), any play group could decide to let him regain life points in the final duel :-)
Rai

Příspěvek od Rai »

Personally, I think that once there are two players, beers should be illegal, ability or no ability.

After all, some characters like Paul Regret become useless in a duel as well - it's just something you have to take into consideration when picking your character.
cober

Příspěvek od cober »

[quote:446be882cc]Personally, I think that once there are two players, beers should be illegal, ability or no ability. [/quote:446be882cc]

Actually, the faq says that beers can be played, but they have no effect. I think that they do in the special case of Tequila Joe, because of the description of his power. And, to be honest, some characters are much weaker than others. For example, who would chose Vulture Sam over Pixie Pete? I think that a more balanced set of powers means more characters get played, which means a more interesting game.
Rai

Příspěvek od Rai »

cober píše:For example, who would chose Vulture Sam over Pixie Pete?
Ah, now here's an interesting point. Whenever we play BANG! with more than four people, everyone always likes to target Pixie Pete first, simply because he gets twice as many cards as the other characters through drawing (unless he is the sheriff). So, sometimes we'd choose Vulture Sam because he's less likely to get attacked, and he's especially good in bigger games.
SpectreGadget

Příspěvek od SpectreGadget »

Rai píše:Whenever we play BANG! with more than four people, everyone always likes to target Pixie Pete first, simply because he gets twice as many cards as the other characters
That's funny because our group does the same thing. Playing Pixie is basically suicide... Now as sherriff....
Jim

Příspěvek od Jim »

All these valid points about both sides of Tequila Joe's power has got me thinking. So I'm going to throw this thought out there about when it's down to two players.

His ability says he gets 2 life points "instead of 1". With everyone else, that ONE life point no longer has an effect. But Tequila Joe normally gets TWO. So when it's down to 2 players, is it just the one life point effect that goes away? Thus possibly leaving Tequila Joe's second life point effect in play?
c3le

Příspěvek od c3le »

After all, some characters like Paul Regret become useless in a duel as well - it's just something you have to take into consideration when picking your character.
Wrong! Just think of the situation where Paul is against someone, who doesn't have a WEAPON. No weapon, no BANGs! Also, knife/punch/panic!/volcanic become rather useless against him!

Second of all, I will throw in my 2 cents on this matter and that is

no, Tequila Joe can not use his ability when there are only two players left. Neither does Beer, Whisky, Canteen or Tequila have any effect. You could think of this the other way around;

Instead, Tequila Joe's text could (in theory) have the following text;

"Whenever Tequila Joe drinks a beer = (two beer symbols)". That basically means, when he drinks a beer, he gets the effect as if he had drunk two beers. Since beer has no effect with two players left, his ability will cause him his doom! (in a duel of course!)
Jim

Příspěvek od Jim »

Down to two players, only Beer has no effect. Canteen, Tequila, and Whisky still do. But Tequila Joe doesn't get the double effect on them like he could on Beer when there were 3 or more.
Odpovědět