from Apache to Willy

Moderátoři: lucabil, Suzy Lafayette

Odpovědět
Anonymous

Jose Delgado about discarding blue card

Příspěvek od Anonymous »

Hi ,

I have a simple question for you.

When Jose Delgado can discard a blue card to draw two card from the deck ?

1-Anytime during his turn?
2-Before drawing his two card?
3-At the discard pahse ?

Thanks for your answers !
srab
Site Sherif
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Re: Jose Delgado about discarding blue card

Příspěvek od srab »

[quote:d49ed12811="Bagbou"]Hi ,

3-At the discard pahse ?

Thanks for your answers ![/quote:d49ed12811]

During his phase 2.
cober

How often can he use his power?

Příspěvek od cober »

One thing to say is that his power is perhaps the most annoying power - he can go through half the deck, continually picking up new blue cards in the process. Does anyone put a limit on him? For example, no more than 3 blue cards turned in per turn, or something like that?
bonz
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Re: How often can he use his power?

Příspěvek od bonz »

[quote:c3497a6ed1="cober"]One thing to say is that his power is perhaps the most annoying power - he can go through half the deck, continually picking up new blue cards in the process. Does anyone put a limit on him? For example, no more than 3 blue cards turned in per turn, or something like that?[/quote:c3497a6ed1]
Indeed, his ability is quite overpowered.

No, my friends and I have no limit on him, but we have been thinking of making him a 3-point character, because most of the time (and definitely on average) you get more cards per turn than Pixie Pete, who is a 3-point character.
Rai

Příspěvek od Rai »

Remember - if he keeps discarding blue cards, then occasionally he'll get a decent blue like the Barrel or Volcanic, but will have to keep playing it to continue their "blue-chucking streak", as we call it. Some people seriously get carried away, only to have to discard their ill-gotten gains at the end of their turn.

It's a powerful ability alright, but only in the right hands.

Příspěvek od Guest »

It is quite a ridiculous ability. We have limited him to twice per turn and he is more balanced but still playable.
Rai

Příspěvek od Rai »

We don't think it's illegal, because there are occasions where blue cards are harder to come by, such as when everyone else is playing them. Thus, we don't limit it, because while it's a powerful ability, it's not unstoppable.
Jim

Příspěvek od Jim »

I have a question I can't seem to find an answer to.

Can someone with an ability like Jose's decide to discard the gun he has already laid down to get two more cards?

My friends and I have been discussing this one for a while now. One idea is, cards in front of Jose are there for the possibility of discarding. A second idea is that cards laid down in front of him are already in play and therefore can't be used towards his ability.

My question is similarly applicable to Elena Fuentes' ability to possibly use blue or green cards already laid down as Missed cards.

An answer to this issue would end a lot of recurring discussions about this.
lucabil
Deputy Marshall Sheriff

Příspěvek od lucabil »

No,

discard means "from your hand"

You cannot discard a card in play

Příspěvek od Guest »

In the 3rd edition (comming with the bullet set), Jose Delgado can play his hability twice per turn, and he can't discard blue cards from play.
c3le

Příspěvek od c3le »

I don't have the bullet set; yet it says the same, only twice per turn.
Hi ,

3-At the discard pahse ?

Thanks for your answers !
During his phase 2.
Where does it say that? I think you can do it on your turn, at any point after drawing the two cards.
Suzy Lafayette

Příspěvek od Suzy Lafayette »

c3le píše:
During his phase 2.
Where does it say that? I think you can do it on your turn, at any point after drawing the two cards.
After drawing the two cards (the whole phase 1) you are already in phase 2, when you begin to discard the cards you are in phase 3 and you can't do anything else :wink:
c3le

Příspěvek od c3le »

Suzy Lafayette píše:
After drawing the two cards (the whole phase 1) you are already in phase 2, when you begin to discard the cards you are in phase 3 and you can't do anything else :wink:
Hold on...José's ability works ONLY before ending your turn?!

I took the liberty of reading the rulebook;

José Delgado;

During his turn he can discard a blue-bordered card from his hand to draw 2 cards from the deck. He may use this ability Twice per turn

So yea, after drawing the first 2 cards he could get in total of 4 extra cards by discarding 2 blue-bordered ones.
Odpovědět